Horsens Stadium has been a bit of a rædselsbane for Brøndbys interim head coach, Martin Retov.
In 2013 he moved out of the premier League as captain of Horsens, when the team lost the decisive battle precisely in the oval. It was also his last performance at the highest level.
Five years later, he sat on the bench as assistant coach, as Brøndby put it all over the track and actually threw the gold in the 2-2 gyseren.
It was two tough experiences. For me the experience was, however, worse in 2013, because I was on the track.
Here I was in a situation where I could influence things on the pitch. Last year I sat ’just’ on a plastic chair and was an assistant coach. I could not affect what was going on in the same way, he explains.
When it is said, was the experience in may, when the gold failed, after all, is a major blow.
– We were totally in control, and so it all ended anyway in a jumble and chaos. We made many bad decisions at the end of the battle.
– The worst was almost to see how much the players emotionally was affected. There were tears in her eyes, because they went up so much in it here. We felt all of it was taken away from us, explains Martin Retov.
Brøndbys coach Martin Retov is positive about his future in Brøndby. Photo: Olivia Loftlund
today, the Horsens again the meeting point for an event that will have a major impact for Bolton and Martin Retov. A match that can define the entire Brøndbys season. A showdown that could send the club in heaven or in hell.
Before the last betting round has Brøndby have still not secured a place in the medaljespillet.
– It is due to a confluence of many factors. We must recognize we are in this situation, because we simply do not have been skilled enough.
– We have allowed too many goals in, and our presspil has also not worked well enough. Whether it is the us that has become worse or the opponents are better at reading us, we must have analyzed. Right now, we must deal with reality, explains Martin Retov.
The reality is to get the players mentally in balance and put the experience from may of oblivion.
– We have many players that were not there last year. But there is also a part of the current squad, who was with.
– Mentally we can put the disappointment behind us. It here becomes a whole new battle. A different experience, because it is a stadium with a completely different intensity. Without our spectators the atmosphere is very different.
– We must delete the ugly track, so we will not constantly must be reminded of the sad experiences in Horsens Martin Retov, who acknowledges that the pressure on him and the players is great:
– Disaster and failure is a very big word, but it is clear that it will be a big set back for us, if we don't come in the top six. However, I am still very optimistic, insists the 38-year-old temporary Brøndby coach.
- We have many players that were not there last year. But there is also a part of the current squad, there was with, say Brøndbys coach Martin Retov. Photo: Olivia Loftlund
Martin Retov do not understand why Disciplinærinstansen needed more than three months to determine that Brøndby will play without spectators for the next away match in Horsens, denmark.
on Top of baneinvaderingen after the 2-2-match 18. may, where Brøndby threw the gold, got the club a penalty.
the First 7. september decided Disciplinærinstansen that Brøndby had to play the next away match in Horsens without spectators.
– The punishment should have fallen, within kampprogrammet for the new season were published.
– So, you could have placed our fight against Horsens in round 12.-14. or 18.
– I would have had understanding of. But now it is placed in the last round of the base game, where it says something on the game.
– It is also a vexed decision is seen in relation to the total fodboldprodukt. Now we get a match with something at stake in the last round without our spectators. It is too bad, says the Brøndby coach.