Why go with a large business project with nine artificial islands in Copenhagen, when you can strengthen the connection to the municipalities on Zealand, where there is plenty of space to companies?
How does it sound from the more liberal mayors. They wonder erhvervsprojektet "Islets" at Avedøre Holme, which was presented Monday.
One of them is the mayor of Gribskov Municipality Anders Gerner Frost from lokallisten New Competition.
- We have the space for both citizens and businesses. Instead of finding new fantasiprojekter, so let's make something of it, that is easy, and get something done about congestion, he says:
- Half of our population commute every day to work. We are experiencing heavy congestion for our commuters.
He emphasizes that the investments as "Islets" also the rest of Denmark for good, but calls for as soon as possible to get examined, what it will cost to improve the infrastructure around Copenhagen.
Along with several other north sjælland municipalities want Gribskov among other things, investment in the coastal railway and motorways.
the Mayor of Hillerød Municipality is Kirsten Jensen (S) believe that the "Islets" sounds like a fine project, but the hills in the way up on the Frosts announcement.
- We have in Hillerød much land already, which is prepared for commercial and manufacturing companies, she says.
the Islands at Avedøre Holme is situated very far in the future. It is important not to forget what we already have, and which we could support by providing a decent - or even better - transport.
the Plan for the "Islets" is that the first earth thrown in 2022, and that the islands are finished in 2040. In total, there will be 12,000 jobs and be given the space to 380 companies.
the Project will be financed through the sale of plots of land.
But also to the south of Copenhagen, there is a need for investment in infrastructure, believes the mayor of Køge Municipality Marie Strong (S).
- We experience great interest for the erhvervsjord, as we have. However, our citizens are deprived of an infrastructure, which does not work - both overcrowded trains and roads, she says.
- Therefore, we believe that it would make much better sense to invest in infrastructure around Copenhagen.
international architects in the Capital Region, Sophie Hæstorp Andersen (P) tells for the Sn.dk, that she believes that the lack of a plan for the necessary infrastructure around the project.
In the same article stresses Hvidovres mayor Helle Adelborg (S), which presented the project, that there will be work on the solutions in relation to, among other infrastructure.