When the Kalmar after last season would appoint a new coach, former Kalmarikonen Henrik Rydström strong support among the fans.
Rydström who took over Kalmar in the middle of last season, then Nanne Bergstrand first taken the timeout, and then resigned.
But Kalmar chose not to renew the agreement with Rydström, who started the season in 2018 as the assistant to the Nanne Bergstrand.
the Choice fell on Magnus Pehrsson. Rydström moved to Uppsala and took over Sirius.
to show that the Kalmarstyrelsen made the right choice. It could be started the better. Kalmar met Sirius at home in the first round. And the one that won the match in the match was Rydström. Sirius won 2-0 at Guldfågeln Arena.
Kalmar has since followed up with a 1-1 away against Hammarby, and 2-2 at home against IFK Norrköping, after a late acknowledgement.
After the active career, with a game in BP, Djurgården and IFK Göteborg, launched Pehrsson immediately a trainer. Started in Åtvidaberg, continued in the Sirius and Gais. Had since Aalborg, denmark in less than two years before he was fired. Moved back home to Stockholm and Djurgården, which he left after receiving threats via telephone after a förlustmatch against Elfsborg.
the Next job was the national team coach for Estonia. After barely three years, he got fired, and wrote shortly afterwards a contract with Malmö FF. He replaced Allan Kuhn, who sparkats despite the fact that he coached the CLUB to the advance in gold in the same year.
And the same fate met Magnus Pehrson in the spring of 2018. Kicked, despite the fact that he is seen to Malmö defended the gold.
" Really. A year ago, I had won my first national CHAMPIONSHIP with Malmö FF. We had gone clean in the cup, we had gone clean in all the friendly matches. Then knew that the man was at the absolute peak of his career. A month later, we had lost three matches, or what it was, and I had been fired.
" It makes one very humble, as well. This job requires that you never get to relax. You know that there may be concern that you need to try to manage. Sometimes a very short time, and sometimes you get a longer period of time.
– Therefore, I feel a huge drive. It is really fun to be back and working in the premier league again.
" Yes, of course. Of course. It is well completely human.
– A combination of understanding that it is the way it is. Together with that, you think that you have shown so much earlier that you think it should have a longer period to correct what does not work. Kind of like that.
and with that it went so fast last spring, to have felt secure in his role that I got to go, so it was probably three or four months before I was ready, even if I thought I was already a week after I got fired.
" But it is very different, based on who you are, and what has happened.
" When I was in Aalborg, we were under pressure for a whole year before I got fired, and then felt quite tired.
" When I left Malmö, I felt physically refreshed and ready to start working immediately. But at the same time were the offers quite quickly, as I chose to say no to, because I didn't feel ready to step up again and run.
" It feels good. It is a compound that has had challenges in the last few years, especially financially. Has changed a lot of coaches. Had quite a big turnover of players. And results been pretty mediocre, if you look at the heyday that was ten years ago, when it also got its only gold.
" So this is what I come to. And I took it to get to an environment where you can make a difference, and build a compound, both how we play, practise, how we develop our players and the club.
– So it feels very exciting.
– It is both. I have been in a number of compounds, as Djurgården and Malmö, and football has played a big role in all of the places where I worked, even when I was the national coach (for Estonia). So I don't think it's that big of a difference, even if it is a smaller place.
" I see more the luxury of being in associations in which the soccer ball means a lot, no matter which city is bigger or smaller.
" It's all about the way to be, to be clear about what should be done, but at the same time create a sense of unity within the spelargruppen. And I think that it has felt good.
" Yes, I think. Our squad is stronger than the one that finished last season. We absolutely have the conditions to do a better results.
Last season ended in Kalmar on the tenth place in the allsvenskan. When Nanne Bergstrand left in July last year, had the Kalmar scraped together 20 points. During the Rydströms management in the last 15 rounds and won the team's only three games, and stayed on 34 points. Only trepoängaren of the twelve final rounds came against jumbo Trelleborg.
" Yes, there is. Romario has been a long time now in the club. But during the vinterfönstret recruited two new – Rafinha and Maxwell.
– It is, above all, my assistant coach Jesper Norberg, who lived ten years in Brazil. He was with at the time, when Örgryte downloaded the brazilians, in the beginning of the 2000s, when he was the driving force. Then he became agent and scout in Brazil. So his network together with the network that Kalmar had for many years meant that we had very good conditions to find good players.
– Jesper spent three weeks in Brazil during the preseason, to try to find the right player.
– So the two new, we have high expectations.
" the Expectation is that Kalmar ends at a higher position than last year. And playing a football, which is tempostark, well-organized and attractive to look at.