John Høsflot Klæbo has just over 75 000 subscribers on vlogen and over 300 000 followers on Instagram already at the age of 22 years created a solid platform to build further on the day – far off in time – langrennskarrieren end.
Where Petter Northug made the cross-country "cool again" and revolutionized the sport - so among other things, Vegard Ulvang, Hans Christer Holund and Frode Estil described the opposite Dagbladet last week - is Klæbo about to stake the sport in yet another new course.
"Klæbo method" creates now a debate in Germany, and it is then not talk about the much talked about "Klæbo-klyvet" that has become the curriculum of the Finnish ski schools and created strong reactions in Russia, which the Newspaper conveyed during the OLYMPICS.
22-year-old, who also has a huge fan base in the Czech republic of all countries, is in the process of taking the sport to new heights through its way of combining it to the top in cross country skiing with equivalent success in the social media.
the ripple Effects of it are greater than many think. Klæbos way to promote themselves and, not least, the sport on social media, it has gotten Germany to change completely their views on the matter in the last year. Klæbo has been given the German cross-country to go from being conservative to liberal on this front.- We see what Klæbo does
It tells Germany's national team coach Peter Schlieckenrieder, who won OLYMPIC silver behind Tor Arne Hetland at sprint in Salt Lake City in 2002, Dagbladet.INSPIRE: Germany's national team coach Peter Schlickenrieder (t.v.), here after the OLYMPIC games-silver in the sprint in Salt Lake City, Tor Arne Hetland, tells us that John Høsflot Klæbo have got the germans to change the sight on social media. Photo: AP Photo/Darron Cummings Show more
The old school says that one should not focus on social media. It should be put away. So one has always thought in German sport. But now we think differently. We see what Klæbo do, that he combines it in a good way and promote the sport, " says Peter Schlickenrieder to the Newspaper.
- To be focused on the training and at the same time be good in social media, is the future, and German runners. We need to look at how Klæbo do it.Inspires the germans
The German langrennslegenden believe the German athletes have to learn put together by his way to front the sport through social media.
- Klæbo is very good in social media and reaches out to the younger ones. He promotes the sport in a very good way. He is the first one that really combines a systematic and deliberate use of social media with tremendous athletic success, " says Schlieckenrieder to the Newspaper.
He inspires young runners. Really. It's cool to see how he handles it. It is something we try to teach in the German team.POPULAR: John Høsflot Klæbo have fans in many countries and is spreading langrennssporten in a good way, also outside Norway's borders. It is a result of conscious valgFoto: Bjørn Langsem / Dagbladet Show more Klæbos vision
To Dagbladet, says John Høsflot Klæbo that he is aware of Germany's central role in skiing and has a vision to help to make cross-country more globally.
- I have seen that I get more and more followers on social media sites such as Instagram and YouTube from the Between the Europe and Germany. For me, it is important to see that we can help to make skiing even more internationally. Germany is great, but no power factor within cross-country as of today. There, I hope the germans can be again, " says John Høsflot Klæbo to the Newspaper.
- A combination of the better skiers from Germany – which becomes even more attractive through the social and editorial media – is the very top of the sport our. But at the same time I will of course do my to keep them behind me, " says the 22-year-old.Flattered
Dad and manager Haakon Klæbo think it's nice to hear how Klæbo inspires the germans.
- It is fun to hear. We want to strengthen the cross-country skiing as a sport, and then is social media becoming increasingly important. That the germans are inspired, it is nice to hear. Langrennssporten need a stronger Germany, and not least Germany, where cross-country skiing has higher attractiveness than what is the case today, " says dad Klæbo to the Newspaper.WAS IT SCARY?: John Høsflot Klæbo has previously said that the worst thing about winning is having to speak English. And the rest of the langrennsgutta fits on to tyne him a little for it. He won the bronze medal during the sprint in Lahti, and had to do a press conference in English. Reporter: Øyvind Godø / Video: Lise Rafaelsen / Dagbladet Show more
- A greater focus on new channels to reach youth is probably just one of several measures that are being done in Germany to increase interest.Klæbo: - A part of my whole
John Høsflot Klæbo tells that social media has become a natural part of him as a human being.
- It is not something I am thinking of, but social media fall naturally for me. It is a part of my whole. It's a part of me. Also it's important that I can connect with other things, as well as focus on areas other than training and recovery, tells Høsflot Klæbo to the Newspaper.Klæbo is the curriculum in Finnish schools
Little brother Ola Høsflot Klæbo have a key role in the langrennsessets vlog, while dad Haakon Klæbo is manager.
- How conscious are you of the use of social media to promote the sport?
" We're trying to think holistically, but it is clear that it is the training and recovery is the primary for John. But it is important to do other things than to train as well as rest. Social media has been and is very important for John. It gives him energy, and it develops him in more areas than just in the winter sports, " says dad Haakon Klæbo.- Many young people are naive
Schlieckenrieder talking inspired on about Klæbo together with the Newspaper when he tells us that he also is very excited for Klæbos technical performance on the snow.Klæbo would be football star. So did the Northug
- the Way Klæbo skiing is also something we are trying to learn. Our runners do the same? Klæbo-the technique shows that it is important to try new things. I like it. The question is why it goes faster: that's The way we think in Germany. We like to research what is most effective. Here is Klæbo good, " says the German coach to Dagbladet.
Many young people are naive and just doing something, while the other overtenker. Klæbo seems to have a conscious relationship to what he is doing. I hope he continues to create art. It is a great inspiration for us.As large skitalent as big brother Klæbo. But choose alternative career