It is an easier shaken Joachim Persson, Ekstra Bladet Thursday evening prisoners on the phone.
throughout the Day, he has been kimet down of journalists, who will hear about the quarantine of 18 months, as The International Badmintonforbund (BWF) has awarded the former badminton player for a breach of the rules on match-fixing.
More specifically, he has failed to report the two incidents as connected believe he should. He calls the two inquiries, which he both declined, for 'rogue'.
- If you look at their legislation, black on white, I can see that perhaps I should have done it differently. But the legislation has changed a lot.
- of Course, I can see that perhaps I should have said something, but there is also a risk to say something about the people, which you can't prove, he says of the two inquiries.
the Case took its beginning, as one of His former friends took a screenshot of a text message, which Persson says that he has received offers to let themselves lose the first set to a player from Malaysia.
the Extra Leaf is in the possession of that Whats-App-conversation, where it is clearly stated that Persson told his friend that he flatly rejected the offer from the malaysian player. In a fight, which the dane, incidentally, won 2-0.
'I got approached and was asked if I would lose the first set in a match to win it. I dismissed it, even though I was halvskadet. It is just not consistent with my integrity and what I stand for', he writes in English to his friend.
Earlier in the conversation writes Persson, however, also: 'I am not a fan of poking someone in general'.
the Correspondence was sent to the BWF, who then opened a case.
- Since it all started, I was reasonably sure that they suspected me of being involved in match-fixing. When they found out, it could not be done (to get him convicted of having fixed the matches, ed.), so they have to at the very end noticed the very rogue queries, which I have rejected, he says.
Article continues below the image...
Joachim Persson has three times won the european championship for teams with Denmark and reached at a point up to which number six in the world rankings. Photo: Astrid Dalum
He believes that the associated in advance had decided to convict him in a case that has been going on for two and a half years and cost many resources.
- At one point I found just out that they would never, ever keep up. How would I prove it?
- How will you prove to me that there are pink elephants? You may well say that there is no one in Denmark, but then can I just ask you to look on. How I had it with them.
- It has from the start been a hunting one, they could set an example. It is completely ludicrous, he says.
According to Joachim Persson asked The International Badmintonforbund (BWF) constant, more information and more material. Even when he showed evidence from his bettingkonti, which showed that he did not do anything wrong, then claimed connected with the fact that he may have multiple accounts.
Of the judgment, it is apparent, however, that Joachim Persson refused to cooperate because he would not hand over unedited information about its bank accounts.
- They would not only have to have bank account details. They would copy my phone to a USB stick. Fortrolighedsaftalen, we entered into was broken, so I have not been able to trust the belief that there would be confidentiality around it. As I also had an ex-girlfriend, that also had not been interested in, that I gave my bank details.
- And if I had handed over my bank details, so they would just have said that I had to have a bank more. That's what they did with the bettingoplysningerne. I do not know how many bookmakers I have contacted and received an e-mail that I don't have an account there, he says.
Joachim Persson woke up Thursday morning to a red-hot telephone and headlines on the country's newspapers about the quarantine. He chose, however, not to go in flyverskjul, but asked, among other things, up in Go' aften Danmark on TV2 to asseverate his innocence and tell his version of the case.
- I've slept really bad, because I knew there would be something. But it has been much wilder than I had anticipated. Suddenly become a mosquito to an elephant, and that being said, I am involved in match-fixing.
- I would rather stand up and tell it from my side, then there are several who hear my story. I can stand up in the morning and look myself in the mirror. It is one of the most grotesque, I have been involved with, he says.
Joachim Persson, who is no longer active badminton player, has three weeks to appeal against the verdict in the 18-month quarantine from all badminton activity - including trænergerningen.
It considering he is in the company of his lawyer Asser Gregersen, but even if not would choose to take up the fight with The International Badmintonforbund, there is no doubt about what the 35-year-old dane believes about the result of 2.5 years of wrangling.
- I think it is a completely unfair punishment.
Badminton - 21. mar. 2019 - at. 09:06 Former Danish top player sentenced to quarantine
Sports and Games match-Fixing, smuggling of weapons and the reformation: Now make dane film about the Barca legend