OAR (Dagbladet): It is seriously in the cold gusts of wind in the Vessel. In one of the many slopes that breier out over the mountain in the small community, fighting Kjetil Jansrud in time pressure to catch the world cup.
And the special branch he has performed best in the last few years, super-G, gets dangerous fast. He has won sammenlagtkula three of the last four years, have gold and silver from the OLYMPICS and have delivered clearly the best in this year's world cup.
But the world cup-the gold is missing.
And it is still not clear how the world cup is for Jansrud in years either.Damaged
the Reason is a fall in a training before utforrennet in Kitzbühel 22. January. Where he broke his two fingers and had to through a surgery. The actual break was under the back of the hand. Jansrud showed off a bruised and swollen hand that was yellow and blue to the press in Kitzbühel.
Hand is very much better than it was a week ago. It is very great progress really, " says Jansrud of NRK after the Sunday training at the Oar.
But regardless of whether he starts or not, the team will have to think creatively. One of the solution they are looking at is lose the hand. It also confirms Jansrud even to NRK:
- Teiping is probably a minimum to be able to hold on to the stake. I think the biggest challenge my be the stakingen. We test how it is and rushes us little slowly.
For the record's sake: the men's Super G comes already on Wednesday.
- He has a very short time, " says sportssjef Claus Shake to the Newspaper.23 January: Kjetil Jansrud shows off the hand he broke during utfortreningen in Kitzbühel. Photo: Cornelius Poppe / NTB Scanpix Show more Still unsure
When this case was written Sunday night, it was under three days left to the Super G start.
Still can not team around Jansrud say how this championship will be for the 33-year-old.
- There have been great advances, but there is a serious damage, of course. We have no desire to focus until then it should be, but we live now and try to be as well prepared to we need to take a decision, " says Shake.
- there Is pain when he is running?
- Nja. Both and. There are several aspects. The one is the pain. But it is also the mental when you will be driving on the ski. You have the peace of mind you need to give full throttle? It's a package, it is not only the damage itself, " says sportssjefen.
- It is not a long time left to the super-G now?
The competition is going fast, yes. It is clear he is enthusiastic to get it. I am a positive optimist, " says Shake.Here is the full schedule of alpintsesongen 18/19 Critical point
the Newspaper spoke with landslagslege Marc Strauss earlier this week. He tells us that Jansrud can use a rail as he competes to keep the fingers in place, but that the pain after an operation is very individual.
It can be to determine Jansruds world cup fate.
the Newspaper has earlier written reports that the GPS technology has revealed that the first skøytetakene in fartsdisiplinene is very important to preserve the speed down the whole route. The same illuminated NRK recently in a documentary.
- I think that He manages to stake, but it is difficult to say how long it will hurt. He can use a splint to keep the hand in place. It is also suitable that the power does not go through, " explains Strauss to the Newspaper.
Kjetil Jansrud and the other on the Norwegian fartslaget meet the press in the Vessel Monday afternoon.Mick Schumachers touching words about his father