ULRICEHAMN (Dagbladet): With the strong and cold wind in the back, and the snow that descends over Astrid Uhrenholdt Jacobsen (32), ooze she still a glow as she has not shown for a long time. Storformen is back.
self-Confident and calm talking Heming-the girl that 2.-space on the 10 km freestyle in Ulricehamn, only beaten by Therese Johaug, not came as no surprise to her.
On the contrary, believes Jacobsen that she has even more to go on.
- I do not feel that I did a toppløp in Ulricehamn, even though I was no. 2, but my best race is even better. At the same time, it is challenging to get out there in a world cup. Nothing come by itself, " says Uhrenholdt Jacobsen to Dagbladet.
I have had a desire to be in the top a little earlier, but I take the time to visit me in the form. I was also set back slightly in the Val Senales and in Lillehammer, norway, but otherwise it has mostly gone according to plan. Both I, Ole Morten and Geir Change has been waiting on me to go fast, for everything I report in treningsdagbøkene has been very good. It has been a matter of time before it would come up also in the race.keep track: Astrid Uhrenholdt Jacobsen is not surprised by the progress she has shown the last few weeks. Photo: Björn Larsson Rosvall/TT / NTB scanpix Show more - Just nonsense
As the second best in the world in folkehavet in Ulricehamn in the weekend, after steady formstigning all season, nailed Jacobsen their place in the world cup squad.
Together with Therese Johaug and Ingvild Flugstad Østberg can a medical student now basically pick and choose which race she will go in the world championship in Seefeld.
To Dagbladet, says Jacobsen, that she does not want something the go-ahead already now.
- I'm not so concerned about how I stand now. I think that if I is in the form in the world cup, I get to go. I don't think it is very wise to take out for many spaces in advance, in case anything happens. For what should we do if both Heidi and She suddenly is in kjempeform? When there is no space for them. It is nonsense, " says the 32-year-old to the Newspaper.
Something you may plan, but the part we should keep some slots open as well. If there is someone who really takes shape for the world cup, should they get the chance.
- it Is not an advantage to rest around an early withdrawal that many of their rivals?
- To a certain extent, but how much rest should you have? In all of my world cup, there has been no peace, and it has gone very well, she points out.rigorous training: Therese Johaug chose to sit out the Tour de Ski to prepare for the season's major highlight, the world CHAMPIONSHIPS in Seefeld. Presenter: Øyvind Godø. Video: Kristoffer Løkås. See the full programme here: https://youtu.be/ZE_uXfcSJsg Show more - Grateful task
At the last world cup in Lahti in 2017 was Jacobsen's place in danger all the way to the weekend before, when she wowed in Otepää, went on the Norwegian team and won three world CHAMPIONSHIP medals, two of them individually.
- The important thing is to keep calm around the job one is to make treningsmessig and focus on getting in good shape, and then have faith that if one is in good shape, so you get the chance, " she says.
Jacobsen made a brilliant championships in both the world CHAMPIONSHIPS in Falun in 2015 and the world CHAMPIONSHIPS in Lahti 2017. This time, before the world cup in Seefeld 2019, the conditions are better. The problems ahead have been fewer. Everything is to the right for a brilliant championship.
Now I'm in an upswing. It is a grateful task. It goes better and better at each workout. And then I have the tranquility that is so important. It is probably a little personality and a little experience. It is to be a part of that I get really stressed out.JOHAUG-SPECIAL: Karstein Johaug talk with Dagbladet Øyvind Godø about sister Therese Johaugs comeback, the family, and how her sister has a plan to win gold at the world CHAMPIONSHIPS in February. Video: Kristoffer Løkås Show more Rarely have problems
While she constantly must turn in the mixed zone in Ulricehamn to slip past the other athletes, because landslagssekken is so great that it is impossible to pass without lateral rotation, says Heming-the girl that she does not see any limitations to what she can accomplish in the world cup.
I have no mental holds for fast as I can go. It is not impossible to turn Therese on the distance, she believes.
- I have not really had any problems in the sesongoppkjøringen. I have a bit of a bit more health than Therese, and the more that I get sick. Now I have spent a lot of time and effort to keep me fresh, as Therese did not need to think about, " says Jacobsen to Dagbladet.Bjørgen saved skijentene from bankruptcy. Now she is gone: What now?
I have other respiratory tract and allergies that means that I need to be more closely on the things that she can give blaffen in. I've largely managed in years. When I get it to klaffe, I can go really fast on skis.Will not train with Johaug
Even if she thinks she can challenge Johaug in the competition, is it different on training. Langskjøringsfarta your information is namely completely difference. Therefore, do not wish a medical student to work out together with Johaug and Østberg in the world cup city.
When I come to Seefeld, I'm going to train alone, " says Jacobsen.
- I can't begin to try to hang with them. I do not go on road trips, and the dumbest I have to do is to believe that I'm starting to approach their level now. We have added a plan that goes on that we have the strength, intervals and long distance driving at the same time, but I am aware that my speed on the quiet training is another than their. Then there are two different ways to go, " says the 32-year-old.Reveals startling discoveries behind Johaug-feat