TOBLACH (Dagbladet): It was a disappointing sprintdag for the Norwegian women during åpningsetappen of the Tour de Ski.
Who in Davos last ended it without Norwegian women in the final. Maiken Caspersen Falla was the best Norwegian with his sjuendeplass, but most disappointed of the Norwegian was probably Ingvild Flugstad Østberg.
while Heidi Weng completely out of shape and far away to go on to heatene had Østberg opportunity to gain an early grip on the sammenlagtseieren.
instead, the biggest Norwegian hope in the quarterfinals. Worse was it that she was kicked out of two of their biggest contenders for victory in Krista Pärmäkoski and Jessica Diggins, who were respectively the number twelve and three. After a clumsy disturbance was Østberg clearly annoyed at himself.
- It is not often I get pissed, but it was a little frustration that was out when I failed out on the run. Then there were some that cooked just as I had come over the line, I had an all-time opportunity, but dreit me out, " says Østberg.
" the main goal today was to get to a semi with the thought of the summary in the tour. I know how important it is to hang out with on all the races in a tour, so I was a little pissed.
Can you beat your friends, rivals, cross-country skiers, and experts in the Fantaski?
the Newspaper, and Swix launches a new manager games for cross-country skiing. Here you can set up your own team consisting of six girls and six boys in front of each verdenscuprunde. You get points based on how your athletes are performing.
the Game passes the entire season, but you win prizes each and every round.Play here Behind the form
Now think Østberg that she has ended up in the back of the form his in what she calls one of the two nøkkelrenn for her own part. The second comes on the sprint in Val Müstair 1. January.
- I Had been very good in the last ground, so one can allow himself to lose seconds on the sprintene. I'm good, but somehow not so good and then I have to hang out with, at least to the semi-finals in sprintene.
- You may not have many bug, and the key is to hang out with in the lead at several stages. My forse has been that I am evenly good at everything. I was a little too weak in the day, but there are still six races to, " says Østberg.
Østberg deny that she has great respect for the latest alpine ski resort, but says that she knows that she must have seconds on several of the competitors.
- It stresses me not like this set, but I know that I must have it. There is more to it that I know I need to hang with the very top if I hope to fight for a podium finish until the end. I know that I have a bit to go on the last leg, " says Østberg to Dagbladet.
Now begins the quest to take back the lost. Sunday's 10 km individual is her first opportunity to take close.
- There are many races to do it, so now I get to just be in a slightly utfordrerposisjon from behind and hunt on them as with many bonussekunder in the day.Klæbo humiliated arch-rival Pointing, on the other favourites
Before this year's edition is, it's been written that Flugstad Østberg has its lifetime chance to win overall, with Called and Johaug above and a Weng completely out of shape. It is not Østberg totally agree.
- I do not feel that I am some storfavoritt. Krista shows rising form and Jessica was very good up the hill in the last year. Astrid think I'm going to be very good, and I forget probably some of the move also.
Astrid Uhrenholdt Jacobsen has Østberg previously ended up in second place in the etapperennet and even says that she feels like an outsider in this year's version.
- I should be so brash to say that I am enough is a joker. I have a goal to at least be near to fight for a podium finish. So, there are many located in the end there, " says Uhrenholdt Jacobsen.
- I'm so versatile and I know I that all the others around with the mental and nutrition and all these things I am very good at, so that I can take seven hard races without getting too tired. There is an advantage in such a concept, continues the 31-year-old.
Jessica Diggins is not afraid of a favorittstempel after his first podium finish of the season came in Toblach.
You never know. The tour is long and hard, but very fun. You can't say anything about the end result on day one, so I take it just one stage at a time.
Sammenlagtkampen against the other forhåndsfavorittene in Pärmäkoski and Østberg seems the american girl currently taking to worry.
They are really good skiers and it's going to be real fun to compete against them. I think we are going to have it very difficult, " says Diggins, with his habitual smile.tight-lipped Nilsson
One who probably won't continue is åpningsetappevinner Stina Nilsson. The Swedish sprintstjernen was number three in last year's tour and was completely superior even in a fairly quick and easy sprintløype in Toblach.
Nilsson has previously signaled that she is going to jump off after the third or fourth stage, and did not want to go into the theme after today's victory.
I don't want to talk so much about it now. I just take one stage at a time. I'm thinking not so much whether I would lead the tour or not. It is my choice, " says a tight-lipped Nilsson.Emil Iversen confirms secret girlfriend