OAR (Dagbladet): Aksel Lund Image admit it gladly even. It was both very good to get out the message that he put up, but he regrets a bit. Regret a little because it's now going a bunch of messages from friends, rivals, competitors, and others, and that journalists from all over the world raises a sea of questions about the last race.
- There might had been better to wait until Monday and just sent out a message, saying Image.Hard to admit
instead chose to him to say it at an event for business partners and VIP guests in Kitzbuhel two weeks ago. By then it was almost only papa Bear who knew about it in advance. Several of the boys on the team had an idea that it came from, but the Image had not said it directly:
They were running races the day after, so I would not disturb them. I was in a completely different zone than them then. When you prepare for a race, it is a bit special and I didn't feel that it was appropriate to get the message to them then, say Image.
- Who said it first?
I had told about the plan to slightly different people, including the guys on the team. I had a conversation under four eyes with Sam. I'm talking with Aleks, servicemannen in the Head and Mitter. They felt that there was a plan, even if it was not one hundred per cent.
It was something completely different to say it than to actually just think about it. I struggled with to be able to say it, he admits.Ten Image-memories we never forget the Newspaper Plus Embarrassed
Dagbladet has talked with a number of in alpinmiljøet the last time, and it almost ruled out come is tribute.
In the video at the top of this case you can see some of them. When the Newspaper says what the people say about him, answer Image:
- People are sentimental at the end of a career. It is violently. What to say? You can't say that a guy is the idiot when he should stop.
- Well, one may well it?
- Yes, it is true. I have been a long time, and has a close relationship to many. So I am reasonably social, so I've probably talked with the most. First and foremost, it is very, very nice, but I get embarrassed. And I think that it is like that they just say.
- So you don't believe it?
I think a little on it, but I think that it is healthy to take it easy. You put me in a slightly awkward position now.
Live-published photos and videos via ShootitliveUnsure alpinframtida
Lindsey Vonn told at a press conference earlier this week that she is not going to be a part of alpinmiljøet forward. It was simply too difficult for the american superstjerna, who really do not want to give up.
How is it with the Image?
I'm going to miss the environment a lot. Very much. At the same time so I'm going to have contact with the very nearest. I was not on the team with Kjetil André Aamodt more than four years, but I have had lots of contact with him afterwards. Foreigners will probably be difficult, but I'm going to have contact with the Norwegian. It is a little strange to think about. There are so many people I meet that I have met, occasionally, every day, " says Image.
Yet he will not take a job in the sport immediately after his career ends:
- I will wait and see if I absolutely need it in my life and if feel that I really have something to contribute. I feel that it is better to come back when one has known that the missed is real. I think it is healthier to be a little on the outside and get other perspectives.TRAINING: Aksel Lund Image tested out the trail Friday morning. He was number ten on the last training before Saturday's race. Photo: Hans Arne Vedlog / Dagbldet Show more this is the end
Saturday is the last time the Image takes on a numbers in a world cup. He dreams of course to end the all with to climb the top up on a pallet again:
I know that I'm going to be nervous, but if I do it and it does not go as planned. Image turn out with his arms and lifts his shoulders:
- You only get tried. It was crap, but there it is. I have thought about a part of it and known a part of it. So I know that it is a little uncomfortable to stand on the start, but I hope that I manage to enjoy it and soak to me the impressions.- It is one of the most impressive I have seen