ENGELBERG (Dagbladet): It should be a festsøndag for ski jumping with both women and men in action in the world cup. Instead, the meetings Dagbladet stated and outright cursed sportssjef Clas Brede Bråthen in the meadow in the swiss Engelberg.
Cause: The priority of the women's ski jumping event in the French Premanon today. Maren Lundby finished second, Katharina Althaus from Germany won. NRK chose to view the last 20 jumpers on NRK2. Until then, was not the competition shown on TV at all, but on the website of NRK.
Priority get it to boil over for Bråthen. Time and time again he feels that the female skihopperne are discouraged by the harmless.
- I walk around with a bad feeling in the stomach down here, he says to Dagbladet in Engelberg.NOT SATISFIED: - This was not the christmas present I wanted from NRK, " says Maren Lundby, who came in second place in Premanon in France. Photo: Geir Olsen / NTB scanpix Show more
Bråthen talking between the blows while the guys jump in the ground. Finally stood consequently won the match Ryoyu Kobayashi again as the winner, while Robert Johansson was best of the norwegians on the sjuendeplass.
- We are keen to build up the girls. Very many people are concerned about how we do it, among other things, there are critical voices in the NRK who are concerned about this. And so it happens again: There have now been five verdenscuprenn for the girls. In one race cut NRK out to send the final and only stream. When was Maren number two. Now she was number two again. And all the girls did a grand gesture.
the Newspaper has through Sunday contacted three people in the NRK-sport for the response in this case. Sportsredaktør Egil Sundvor has not answered any of our phones and a text message with what the cause. There has not redaksjonssjef Håkon Grønbech, who have responsibility for rights. Redaksjonssjef Jane Fredriksen refers to the first two.Want to meet
Bråthen tells that he doesn't have anything to do with rettighetsavtalen NRK has framforhandlet with the Norwegian ski federation. But he comes now to request a meeting with The sportsredaktør to see if there is something to do. He travels in the evening home from Switzerland along with the rest of the jumpers.
- Should the Norwegian broadcasting corporation from the rights if it is not improving after your opinion?
- If this is something they do not want to display, then it is the better that you give the rights from you. But I don't have anything with the process to do at all. I have to think about how we will work in the future.
In a statement after his second place finish today, " says Maren Lundby:
- I am very sorry that hoppjentene again becomes discouraged. This was not the christmas present I wanted from NRK.
Bråthen is clear that the girls will focus on sport, and that it is the instrument around which must take the battle with the channel.
It is obvious what the girls think about this. Previously they have been met with arguments that they are not good enough, or interesting enough. Now we have got up a girl in Maren Lundby who has won the OLYMPIC gold. The same girl has won most verdenscupseirer for Norway as a ski jumper.WANT IMPROVEMENT: Clas Brede Bråthen was everything else than happy on the plain in Engelberg today. Here he is in conversation with hoppernes in charge of communications, Steinar Bjerkmann. Photo: Mike Ulrik Bratland Show more
- We have a stronger team than ever. I feel that we have OK and accommodating profiles in our girls. We have coaches and a support team that wishes to facilitate for all who want to cover our sport. But now it starts to be a bit too much from the NRK. It is just a bad, tired and sad feeling. To experience powerlessness is never good.
Bråthen looking beyond the Gross-Titlis-hill in Engelberg - and repeat:
- I'm just keen to get out that I'm sorry.Brag
On the other hand he will praise NRK for how the channel is to build up the Norwegian hoppturneringen Raw Air.
Where I think NRK has done a great job together with the Norwegian ski federation jump. I am very fascinated and very happy for this. When it comes to the overall coverage, I must only speak with the hopphjertet I have: It would have been cool if they built up the broadcasts more and had focus on what we are doing. It would have been an opportunity to give insight to people who are actually interested in ski jumping, something I experience that very many are.
- Why have you not talked with NRK about the situation with the girls?
- I have - as said - not any of these agreements to make.
Also 1. December gave Bråthen facing the Newspaper expressed that he was sorry. When it had 12 female jumpers in the verdenscuprennet in Lillehammer, norway, encouraged the NRK commentator Arild Eriksen TV viewers about to get over on national tv.no.
Sad and very difficult to understand, said Bråthen.
In a written reply to the Newspaper at the time said sportsredaktør Egil Sundvor that hoppsendinga came in conflict with distriktsnyhetene and the News. Sunday he has not answered Dagbladet repeated requests.Hoppsjefen react sharply after Switzerland-spring
PS: A few hours after this case was published by Dagbladet got " hold of Sundvor. To the newspaper, he said:
If it is so Bråthen want a meeting, so he knows very well where we are located. We have several meetings with them, and I am more than happy to meet with him.
Clas Brede Bråthen is always critical to us when it comes to jump, and every time he is angry, which is almost every time there is kvinnehopp, so calling him the Newspaper, and not to me.
Sportsredaktøren says that he in the meeting with Bråthen will account for The priorities. He claims that he had a meeting with sportssjefen last week, but then was not any of the criticism mentioned.Hoppstjerna in deep crisis