FARUM (ekstrabladet): Kasper Hjulmand love to be on the training field, but on Monday morning in Farum was still something acidic for FC Nordsjælland coach.
At the weekend he thought that he should stand on a training course in Brussels and manage the Anderlechts training for the first time. The belgian team was agreed with the 46-year-old Hjulmand, but was never agree with FC Nordsjælland.
Therefore, the employees of Frank Arnesens club on Sunday afternoon Fred Rutten – and Hjulmand may be years and a half in Farum.
- Normally talking I'm not about things that have not gone through. But everything is out, and it is also in Belgium. It was one or another in the past between the clubs, which failed, and therefore I stand here now.
- How do I have it? Yesterday I was a little bit empty inside. It is no doubt that it was a great opportunity missed. It is, of course, in the body, when it has been so close, " says Kasper Hjulmand, who on Monday morning had the first day of training with his FCN-crew.
That he is disappointed, there is no doubt about that. Hjulmand dream about to come to a club that is expected to play for titles, and Anderlecht was the perfect opportunity for him.
the Belgians, however, had not much patience and left FC Nordsjælland with very little time to find a replacement.
the Article continues below the image.
Kasper Hjulmand had to give up his move to Anderlecht, because the clubs could not agree. Photo: Jens Dresling
the Club tried on Sunday, but it was not strong enough after Anderlechts taste. The belgians got instead Rutten and left Hjulmand with a worthless agreement and a big disappointment.
- to be completely honest it is not something you just shake by itself ... but I'll have to do. In this here world happens such things.
- I have taken note of it, and the staff and the players can totally count on me. It is never going to change. I have an agreement, and I stand by, " says Kasper Hjulmand.
His contract with FC Nordsjælland expires after this season, and the club announced on Monday morning that there will be no extension.
Kasper Hjulmand wants to try something, which he announced to the club before christmas.
- After the last match against Esbjerg took my wife and I away for some days, and I tried to pick up on the impressions I had received in the course of the autumn.
- The easiest in the world would be to continue here. I really like the site and believe in the project, but I would like to challenge myself, " says Kasper Hjulmand, who in his own words now would like to get out on deep water:
- As a human being and as a coach I need to jump into something new. I had a feeling that I needed to challenge myself to develop myself.
Now he has forecast a small half a year back in the FC Nordsjælland, and what must be done, he does not know.
- And I am okay with. I think that there must be one or the other, " says Kasper Hjulmand, who has been in the Farum club in nine years split over two periods.
FC Nordsjælland - 7. jan. 2019 - at. 10:00 FCN should have the new coach: the Popular Hjulmand says stop
Sports and Games The big trænerkarussel: He is the hunted game!