Three wins and two defeats is the preliminary been for Caroline Wozniacki in 2019, when the arthritis-the disease by prevented her from playing Fed Cup in Poland.
Yet the dane is one of the five players, as the former top player, French Nathalie Dechy, think on this week in Doha, where Wozniacki after the plan is making a comeback.
The former world's-11's and triple Grand Slam winner in doubles, expect to see a turning point for the dane. The she explains to the WTA-the federation official page.
- I do not believe that Caroline Wozniacki has completely found its rhythm here in 2019, sounds from Dechy.
- She needs to be able to rely on themselves physically. To go through her health problems to challenge her self-confidence.
- But I feel that if she starts winning a few big matches, so can the momentum make her dangerous, explains the frenchman.
Wozniacki to be in action again for the first time since the Australian Open. Photo: Anne Parker/ International Sports photos
She points to Kiki Bertens, Ashleigh Well, Elina Svitolina and Caroline Garcia as the other, that is worth keeping an eye out in Doha in addition to the dane.
- Kiki Bertens is on the way up, and slowly but surely she got into the top-10, and of course she comes from the title in St. Petersburg last week.
- She makes it great with his trainer Raemon Sluiter, she is very powerful, gets many balls back and is a good server. I also remember that the courses in Doha is fast, and it will fit her well, explaining the WTA-the federation's expert.
She also expects to see Ashleigh Well in the top-10 soon, while Elina Svitolina is a favorite in the upcoming week, because the ending 2018 good and the past has proven to be well forward in the Middle east. Finally, highlighted compatriot Caroline Garcia, who, however, only be described as an outsider.
It was not the plan, that Caroline Wozniacki was to play in Doha in the year, but she has late in the process have chosen to take a wildcard for the tournament, where she twice previously in the final.
- We take enough down there about three-four days, but she is not one hundred percent, so she plays the not, said father and coach Piotr Wozniacki earlier in the week to Ekstra Bladet.
Wozniacki in action in last year's Qatar Open in Doha. Photo: Ritzau/Scanpix/KARIM JAAFAR
Tennis - 15. jan. 2019 - at. 09:17 Stopped by the doctors after scary collapse: - I was completely gone
Sports and Games Here are the best paid sports stars: Caroline hits 100 million!
Wozniacki meetings scheduled a qualifier in the first round, while in the second round stands to Aliaksandra Sasnovich or Su-Wei Hsieh, and so the waiting fjerdeseedede Elina Svitolina in a possible quarter-final, while førsteseedede Simona Halep may be the opponent in a semi final.
Last year was just the semifinals at the terminus of the dane in Doha, where Petra Kvitova was too strong.
Caroline Wozniacki is the last few weeks, slipped from third place in the world ranking, and down at number 10, while she on the leaderboard is only based on the 2019-performance is down as number 55.
6-3, 6-4 - Alison Van Uytvanck
6-1, 6-3 - Johanna Larsson
6-4, 4-6, 6-3 Maria Sharapova
6-3, 6-2 - Laura Siegemund
4-6, 4-6 - Bianca Andreescu
Sports and Games Danish tennishelts great sorrow: My daughter died in road accident
Sports and Games the World's best 15-year-olds: Around stortalentet Holger Rune