– the specification of Requirements has been raised quite a bit. When you come here, you feel right away that this is an environment where you need to be on their toes to cope with to be a part of it, " says assistant coach Mikael Håkansson about the change that Djurgården has undergone in the last few years and that made them a top team again.
" the Feeling is that both the managers and players every day to become a little better, and the pursuit is stimulating for all.
– Yes, absolutely. When I came to the island of Djurgården (the 1992-93 season), we had Lasse Falk as a coach, and demand was extremely high on everything from diet to exercise. We also had players like Thomas Eriksson, Challe Berglund and Arto Blomsten. They knew what it was all about which was a really good school. Was it outside of the framework was quickly inplockad, and was outside for a long time yes then you could not be left in the group.
" So the leadership among the players is very important in order to achieve success.
half past nine on the påskaftonens morning skrinnar the first players out on the ice in the Globe.
It is time for the last workout before the first CHAMPIONSHIP final.
" Mikael ”Musse” Håkanson, who is making his fourth season as an assistant coach, this will be his first CHAMPIONSHIP final as a coach, but finalrutin he has in the past.
in 2000, he became the Swedish champion as a player with the island of Djurgården.
" Somewhere it was the image I had in my head when I became the coach. I wanted enough to get there even faster, " says Mikael Håkansson with a laugh.
– The experience it was when we won the gold medal in 2000 here in the Globe, and you saw all the yellow sticky with the text of the SM-gold, which held up the last ten minutes, I want to experience again.
– The feelings of wearing it with the rest of my life.
in 2000 won the Djurgården over Modo. The year after it became a new gold – the time without Mikael Håkansson, who was then in north America – since Daniel Tjärnqvist made the winning goal against Färjestad in overtime.
the Club's future seemed guldskimrad, but it would appear that it was a tough year waiting for the club, both sporting and economically.
in the Spring of 2006 missed the island of Djurgården, who before the season made something of a budgetary effort, for the first time in 20 years to get to the playoffs.
in the Midst of the downward spiral was sparked hope for the season 2009/10. Guldtränaren Hardy Nilsson was back and for the first time in nine years, took to the island of Djurgården to the CHAMPIONSHIP final, where it later became a loss to HV 71.
Short but loving påskledighet for the star
But it would appear that being a finalist only to be a short andningspaus before the fall continued.
straight seasons in the top flight fell Djurgården in the spring of 2012 down in the allsvenskan.
there it was two seasons before the season 2014/15 was back in the SHL.
Since the resurgence has slowly but surely built up a more stable basis both gamely under the guidance of sporting director Joakim Ericsson and economically under the leadership of ceo Jenny Silfverstrand.
It does that now for the first time in nine years playing SM-final again.
" I think we have a great location. We have the best målisen (Adam Reideborn), we have Jacob Josefson home with a C on the chest shows his greatness. The two ingredients will get you far on, and to it we bring in a lot of other qualities, " says Mikael Håkansson.
– We have many. We obviously have our captains who are at the forefront. They also have a good way to let the younger players get to play the ”its hockey”.
Mikael Håkansson stops for a moment and to find the words that develop the reasoning. After a few seconds he continues:
– The elderly understand that there is a difference between having been acquired, the routine, and come as new. They have allowed the younger ones also get to be with and have his action, which makes the group as a whole becomes stronger.
Josefson was recently turned ten years old when Djurgården later became Swedish champion.
today is Jacob a 28-year-old leader, who before this season came back to Djurgården after eight seasons in the NHL.
the Thought that it is 18 years since the last got gold. It is a long time. A bit too long maybe, I think, " says Jacob Josefson, who was in the finallaget 2010.
On easter Sunday, it is Jacob who must show the way when the first CHAMPIONSHIP final played in Gothenburg, sweden.
"We have a strong belief in what we do, and a strong morale in the group," says the captain of the team.
" We know that Frölunda has shown great form in the playoffs and gone as the train, and although it will be a boring answer, I believe that it is the little details that will determine the. Which team has the best discipline and who plays the smartest thing.
From the CHAMPIONSHIP to the top flight and back again