It is possible that Lewis Hamilton earn in the neighborhood of 350 million dollars annually with Mercedes' Formula 1 team. But his way to a gilt-edged contract and the world championships were in no way free.
the Reality is that motorsport is an extremely expensive sport to break through in.
As the child uses the parents a lot of money on their children with petrol in their blood. And if the child is talented, there must be sponsors and investors in her back, which eventually will have to cough up tens of millions of dollars annually in order to obtain a seat in the classes during the Formula 1 in a good team for the talent.
With coronapandemiens economic ravages, also in motor sport, however, it may the coming year be even harder to be a talented race car driver.
the Business, which often are the drivers ' contributor, are hard pressed financially. It has Dorte Riis Madsen, manager of the Danish Formula 3-runs Frederik Vesti and the former manager of Formula 1 star, Kevin Magnussen, been able to feel.
It has hit us hard. Right up to coronakrisen we had probably the most intense weeks of meetings that I have had in the last year. And none of it has been for something, she says.
- It was clearly something where I had an aspirational and maybe even an assumption that there were agreements which could be closed. It's all been postponed, and we have just not really afford to wait on in our industry.
Le Mans legend Tom Kristensen in the World Motorsport Council, which approves rule changes for the sport. Here he experiences at close range the challenges.
- sub-Contractors and the commercial actors is affected. They have their own challenges, says Kristensen, who acts as the expert for TV3 Sport.
- Before the commercial operators begin to market themselves in competition with others, they need to get a grip on something to hold on to employees and obtain the products. Everything is challenged, " says Kristensen.
The interpretation can Dorte Riis Madsen in the degree to recognize.
- We are not the first, that money is used on, regardless of whether you are a wealthy individual or a large company, she adds.
In Denmark, Kevin Magnussen had Denmark's richest man, Bestseller-owner Anders Holch Povlsen, such as financial support in the career which has led him to Formula 1.
He is remunerated for its abilities of Haas without even having to bring money to the table. But it is not all in the middle and bundteams in Formula 1, which makes it.
to understand the importance of economic backrest servant Nicolas Kiesas Formula 1 career as a good example.
In 2003, he drove five grandprixer for the former Minardi team. Two years later he was reservekører for the Jordan team, and dream of more Formula 1 was born again with an economic support in the back.
But it ended abruptly in 2006.
- My Formula 1 career ended as a result of my support the last year was an icelandic bank. And there was a really bad atmosphere there in 2006, before the world heard about what actually was going to happen, he explains with regard to the impact of the financial crisis coming.
- When I rang up to them and running, how it went, they said: 'We are finished. We can not help ourselves.'
Frederik Vesti running formula 3 at the Red Bull ring in Austria. PR Photo
Dorte Riis, have so far been in helping to raise the millions who now have located 18-year-old Frederik Vesti of the Formula 3-storholdet Prema.
But unless a Formula 1 team surprisingly stands ready with a gilt-edged contract for the new year, there must be ensured even tens of millions of dollars for the next season in either Formula 3 or Formula 2.
And, as Dorte Riis Madsen says:
- If I can't find the money, so I close fred's career.
Formula 1 - 6. christmas. 2020 - pm. 09:00 Haas-boss encouraged: Kevin's feedback and hope
See also: Kevin is an optimist: Hidden progress
Sports and Games Debriefing from Austria: Ferrari-deal backfires