There were for the care of the courts. Both at the christmas feasts in Roskilde and in Switzerland at Kevin Magnussens food-loving colleague Romain Grosjean.
A new rule from the 2019 season separates the car and the driver's weight. In the future, will be added ballast in the cockpit, up to 80 kg, which in particular helps the taller drivers.
With its 174 cm weight never been a problem for Kevin Magnussen, but the rule has means that he has been able to put his training on, and not be quite so constrained in relation to diet.
- I is not among the highest, so I have never been in the situation, that I should starve myself, because the team suddenly made a floor that weighed a little more.
- I've taken on, but we are talking a pound of muscle or two in comparison to where I finished the season. I don't expect someone to show up and look like The Hulk, said the dane in London for the team 2019-præsetation.
- But I have trained differently than in the past, and the intensity has been different. I feel more fit. And it is a good feeling. I am pleased to put me in the car and see the results of the training over the last month and a half.
Last year, a running preferably weigh less than 70 kg. From 2019, the clothed weigh up to 80 kg, before they become an inconvenience. Photo: John Sibley/Ritzau Scanpix
For tall drivers like Nico Hülkenberg means the rule part, but also for Haas-colleague Romain Grosjean.
the Frenchman has also crammed themselves through the winter.
- Maybe I have overgjort it, he laughs.
Formula 1 - 9. feb. 2019 - at. 06:52 Kevin hope of recovery: It was a joke
Formula 1 - 7. feb. 2019 - at. 12:00 Kevin's 2019-racer revealed: The black lightning
- I measures 180 centimetres, and weighed 69 kilos in six-seven years. Now with the freedom slækkede I am a little on the diet. It was great fun!
- It is much better in relation to health and fitness. You may be stronger, but still not a bodybuilder. I have posted a part of muscles and must have fillet a little of the before the first race. It should probably go, but the rule is a step in the right direction, and it is much nicer to live on the way, says Grosjean.
The five-time world champion Lewis Hamilton also announced early on that he had plans to spend the winter to eat more and put some muscles on, because he has always been right under his natural weight.
Sport and the New season is on the doorstep: F1-the rules you might have missed
Sports and Games the Threat to Haas: The biggest rivals in 2019
Sports and Games Here is the man, that will supply the new Haas-miracle