LONDON (Ekstra Bladet): Fourth place in the constructor-the WORLD cup was in Haas’ reach in the last year. It failed, but the team's gaze is firmly fixed on the progress from fifth place despite storsatsende and financially sound for Renault, Racing Points and Alfa Romeo's similarly large ambitions.
- If you look at the basket for the team since it was created, it has only gone up. Last year from 2017 to 2018 we took a big step. The same we can not expect this year, but we continue to improve and remain on the upward curve, says Kevin Magnussen.
I really do expect that we will be taking a step backwards, but we must also improve ourselves and grow just to be able to hold onto fifth place. Step forward in the year will, in all likelihood harder to spot, but I can see how we get more experience, and how we use it.
- There is a reason to have big ambitions, the team has developed fantastically over the past year, says the dane.
The personal and specific ambitions he waits to after the two week vintertest is over.
- It depends on which car I get. Once you know it, you start to build themselves a goal for the season. It is frustrating by Formula 1 is that you can't go into a season and say that I will be the best in years. Well, I want it and can easily say it, but I have no way to prove it, if you don't have the best car, says Magnussen.
Both he and Romain Grosjean dreams of taking up the fight against Red Bull as the new title sponsor Rich Energy. But none of them believe that it can be done without tools such as the budget ceiling and a more fair distribution of the prize money.
- the Expectation is to do better than last year, where we set the bar quite high with a fifth place. We would like to still keep a watchful eye on fourth place, if it is possible. But it depends on how good the car is in Barcelona, and how much we can develop throughout the season, " says Romain Grosjean.
- I do not think, we turn to Mercedes, Ferrari or Red Bull this year. Renault will be strong, and you never know with McLaren. It is a large team, which always can come back. Racing Points pumps a lot of money into the team. Toro Rosso gets closer to Red Bull with their technical partnership, so there are many people who want to be ‘best of the rest’, he says.
the First indication of this year's power comes at the end of February over the eight-day vintertest.
Formula 1 - 7. feb. 2019 - at. 19:39 Kevin Haas ambitious mission: Red Bull must have a bank
Formula 1 - 7. feb. 2019 - at. 12:00 Kevin's 2019-racer revealed: The black lightning