More clean weekends without any problems in any of the sides of the garage is the key for Haas team is to reach its ambitious goal of improving last year's fifth place in the constructor VM.
In Bahrain, it was Romain Grosjeans block of Landon Norris and subsequent gridstraf, which annoyed team manager Günther Steiner; even if the fault actually lay with the engineers and Sebastian Vettel.
But Haas-the boss is delighted how midterholdene approaching top teams, and how close they were to beat both Red Bull while timing.
the Goal is for Sunday, however, ‘only’ best for the top teams, although Kevin Magnussen was just five thousandths of the Max Verstappen, and Pierre Gasly will start as 12's.
- The realistic is always behind the big three. But Sunday is a new day. They seem to be faster, but we will not give up in advance, do our best and see what it brings.
'Best of the rest' for the second race in a row is the goal for Haas and Kevin Magnussen on Sunday in Bahrain. Photo: Jan Sommer
- The positive is that the hole closes. It is positive for everyone, for it provides the excitement, even if we do not catch them in the race. A year ago we were almost a second after them, and now we are level with them in a qualification. Last year they took us with a place in all the races, maybe they don't do it in years ...
- At a time we will be faster. Hopefully, says Günther Steiner.
Last year was 1.4 seconds off Kevin Magnussen to the best Ferrari under qualification. Saturday only 0,9 seconds. The jump to the Mercedes was barely 0.6 seconds 0.9 seconds of 12 months ago.
- They are so much bigger they here hold and can prepare themselves much better. But we collect them quietly. It is possible for us. We are improving ourselves quietly and come closer to them, says Haas-the boss.
Kevin Magnussen agree with his manager's interpretation and keep Sunday more eye with mirrors than in front of him. He almost beat Max Verstappen was an exception from the rule.
- There is certainly a slight edge. But if the difference is half a second, we will be lagging behind, nine times out of ten. It looks better with only a half a second, but even with the margin you will be behind every time. They are still ahead.
- there Are two-three tenths, you can begin to hope that a good game can make the difference. This weekend it was like this, but I doubt that it will.
- But I'm happy to be disappointed to be beaten by a Red Bull, he laughs.
12. the square becomes Pierre Gasly also a threat, although the frenchman has had problems throughout the weekend. The track in Bahrain is easy to overtake on, and in løbstrim Red Bull-purebred another being.
- Last year in Austria, I a Red Bull in qualifying and were still taken with a game. Usually favors the big teams. In ye the penalty with the new tires is the difference between the cars is less, but in the course it becomes more complicated. We are ready, if there is a chance to exploit, " says Romain Grosjean.
There is a long stretch down towards the sharp and tricky first corner at the Bahrain International Circuit. First and foremost comes the defy through it.
Theoretically, two pit-stop faster than a at this course, but the expectation is that an a-stops on medium and hard can also have its benefits.
trained pit-stop at Haas. Here are the right bagdæk changed a split second later. Photo: Jan Sommer
the First man with free tire choice is Daniel Ricciardo, who is likely to be a threat in the battle for the midterfeltet, as Nico Hülkenberg was in Australia.
Finally, McLaren shown strength.
- It will be a good match against Haas. Red Bull will be fast. Renault likewise, and Toro Rosso are usually good here in løbstrim. It will be close between a one and a two-stop. I believe we have several strategies to see, says mclaren's Carlos Sainz.
Renault and in particular Daniel Ricciardo are also on to a good result in Bahrain. Photo: Jan Sommer
Formula 1 - 29. mar. 2019 - at. 06:13 Red Bull-boss: Haas are underperforming
Formula 1 - 28. mar. 2019 - at. 18:58 Early the end of the day: Kevin can slip before the time
Formula 1 - 30. mar. 2019 - at. 06:58 2021-rules leaked: Big changes in F1
Charles Leclerc scored on Saturday, his first pole position for Ferrari. How he tackles the task with teamkammeraten Sebastian Vettel at his side and the two jagtende Mercedes-sølvpile behind contains several unknowns.
Not least because it is Sunday, blowing a part in Bahrain, which moves at bremsepunktet in the tricky first turn ...
the Bahrain Grand Prix to be run from the bell 17.10 - follow live on her.dk
Sports and Games Meet, Kevin's crew: 'He is one of the boys'
Sports and Games As love is Kevin's new racer
Sports and Games - I win damn it here
Sports and gambling Five years after Kevin's drømmedebut: 12 is missing - a has gone away
Sports and Games Was previously elitefodboldspiller: Now he has scored a dream job at Kevin
Formula 1 - 30. mar. 2019 - at. 22:52 Kevin happy after superkval