MELBOURNE (Ekstra Bladet): - Just as much as you don't like it, we have to wait a day or so on the answers.
Haas-team manager Günther Steiner is smiling as he once again reiterates the message that the drivers and commanders have been saying since vintertest. First qualifying on Saturday in Melbourne throw the teams all the clothes, and shows how it actually looks in 2019.
- the Feeling is the same as last year. We are full of confidence, but we do not know the last two-tenths, and you will see them if we do not find out before we start to run the right races on Saturday afternoon for qualifying, says Steiner for the Extra Magazine.
- There is no need to several speculations. About a day, we have the answers.
Bluffnumre from test continued during Friday's workouts, which basically confirms the picture from vintertest.
Haas team is at the start of the season between the fourth and sjettehurtigst in competition with Renault and Alfa Romeo. And Toro Rosso plays a jokerrolle first of the season.
Mercedes surprised the most by dominating the other topteams, but no one believes that Ferrari is just as slow as they were this on Friday. Simultaneously is also expected Red Bull to pull from when it comes.
the Top of the midterfeltet is within a few tenths of a second. Notwithstanding, where would you want to put a lot of these slots, Haas-boss right: First, under the timing comes the answers.
Last year was Kevin Magnussens best lap during qualification one and a half seconds faster than Haas’ fastest on Friday. And over two seconds better than his own best time.
with 2.7 seconds afskilte Lewis Hamilton on Friday and britens pole position ...
Lewis Hamilton has so far performed the best and has at the time of writing the fastest time. Photo credit: Asanka Brendon Ratnayake/Ritzau Scanpix
All of us have more to shoot with. The question is how much.
- I think that it is really close in midterfeltet. Four-five tenths is going to determine it, and all have a margin in motorindstillinger, says Kevin Magnussen to Ekstra Bladet.
- You know that gasoline is roughly the same for people in the here sessions. Some runs with 40 kg, some with 30, some maybe 20. So there is up to a 20 pound difference. It is still six-seven-tenths, plus what is in the engines. Some are running two tenths from what they can. The other five or seven.
- The three front teams are still a second ahead, but midterfeltet works insanely close. Toro Rosso, Alfa Romeo and Renault are good with. I don't know where the Racing Points and McLaren is. Close is it, he says.
the Mood in both sides of the Haas-the garage is good. The drivers continue to show, that the car feels as it should, and they did not have the same challenges around Albert Park on the softer tyres as under vintertesten.
- I think not yet, we have seen the full picture. Mercedes is very fast. It is today's surprise. But otherwise it's pretty close to what we want in Formula 1. Let's see in the morning, when all the screws completely up to qualifying, running with a little fuel and pushing the engine to the maximum, " says Romain Grosjean.
- The most important thing today was to get the right feeling, and it was even better than at the test in Barcelona.
- Mon is not the Ferrari store on much more? What we do know is that midterfeltet is very close. And it is exciting!