- I will not say that he did it intentionally. What makes me angry is that it could be avoided.
Readings Nelson Oliveira does not hide its bitterness towards the opponent, on Saturday stomped him in the head with his støvleknopper.
He got out of the carnage with a broken nose, but he still can't get the idea of how deliberate the action was from Aston Villas Tyrone Mings mon was, and how wrong it could have been gone.
- It is not up to me to judge whether it was on purpose. The others must do. Personally, I can 100 percent say that, in my opinion, he could have avoided to do it, says portugiseren to the BBC.
"I'm very lucky it was just my nose that was broken. I could have been be blinded..."— BBC Sport (@BBCSport) 8. February 2019
Nelson Oliveira feels the effects of a boot in the face that he believes could have been avoided
- The best to evaluate the kind of situations of players, because they know how people fall to the ground in duels and moves around on the track.
- It all happened so quickly. My first reaction when I felt the battle was that it was his knee. To stomp people in the head is a very rare thing in football, says Nelson Oliveira, who sit back with equal parts relief and anger:
- I'm very lucky that it is only my nose that is broken. I could be blind or unable to play again. I could have broken other bones in the face or my jaw.
Although the referee waved deprecating, was that shortly after the episode a certain stir among the players on the field. Photo: Ritzau Scanpix
Oliveira, who is on loan from Norwich City, has been sewn with five stitches and was treated for four breaches of his nose, and he comes not on the track provisional.
Mings, who is the hireling from Bournemouth, sent after the match, an apologetic sms to Oliveira, and Aston Villas manager, Dean Smith, has defended his player.
- It was a completely accidental incident, and Mings was very upset. No one reacted during the fight, and it was only when the pictures came out on the social media that the allegations occurred.
It was no stamping. It was a close combat between two players, and this kind of thing happens. Nelson is, thank god, okay, and this is the important.