It comes just not to hit the Stale Solbakkens opportunity to put together a slagskraftigt FC Copenhagen-teams in the upcoming season, the company behind the football club, Park, Sports & Entertainment, Friday sharply downgraded its expectations to the financial statements for the year 2020.
It says the Park's chairman of the board, Bo Rygaard, after the downgrade from an expected surplus in the 0-20 million to a deficit of 150-200 million crowns as a result of coronapandemien.
- The short answer is no. It not get the importance of the athletic budget, " says Bo Rygaard.
- Before we even knew coronapandemien and everything else, so it was a year where we expected relatively low transferaktiviteter compared to the last year.
- We have started to build a good team up, and we had from the beginning not planned to sell some of our big players, unless there is something way unusual. It is part of our long-term strategy and plan. Stale got some stable economic framework to work from, and those he has still, he says.
Starts the FCK first to reduce the athletic budget, it increases the risk to miss a european group stage, which the club budgeting to ports in.
- We can handle a deficit, without the need to do something, which is not a long-term view in mind.
- One of the success factors in COMMON, and the reason why we have been in a european group stage, 14 out of 15 years, is that we have a long-term and stable approach to running a football club.
- If you change it on the basis of short-term outcomes on the results and economy when they are not forced to it, so you often see that the fluctuations become large. It will we avoid.
- It is vital for our business model, we continue to go after becoming champion and get in a european group stage - also in the next season, says the chairman of the board.
Should the FCK in the coming months to sell a player for a large amount of money, the money will just as in the past be reinvested in spillertruppen forward to cover the unexpected deficit.
- It is also not changed. The strategy is the same as before the pandemic began to rage. We believe that it is really dangerous to shake your hand and change on the foundation of the football club, " says Bo Rygaard.
the Reason for the big downward revision is to be found in the fact that FCK have played without spectators, the Park has not been used for concerts or the deferred EM, and the Property has been closed but is now open with reduced capacity during the peak season.
Before coronapandemien pointed everything in a positive direction for the Park, Sport & Entertainment, says Bo Rygaard.
- It is terrible when a pandemic is that it is completely out of the hands of the us. I am very happy with it, we even have been able to influence, including FC Copenhagen performance.
- But it doesn't help that the football club, our stadium and the Property is subject to some restrictions, that makes, that we, as an otherwise healthy business is very hard hit, he says.
In the downgraded outlook is not recognised revenue from potential future stimulus measures from the state, but Bo Rygaard expect that there will be 'good with substantial stimulus packages as in the spring'. In this case, the Park will scale up the expectations to the financial statements.