6. January started the nightmare for John Ragnvald Ness by Suldal equestrian center in California.
Over three weeks later is still the tragedy of a mystery.
The two-year-old horse Ness Tjo Brageson began to behave strange on stallboksen. And it was just getting worse and worse for travtalentet.
John Ragnvald Ness describes it as awful.
- First we thought it was just a normal colic. But after a few days we realized that it was something completely different and more serious. The poor horse behaved as if it had been blind. The bald head in the walls, rolled around on the floor and threw up again. We did not contact with him. It was absolutely terrible to look at. We were forced to stop his sufferings, " says Ness.
the Nightmare continued. The country's best four-year-old kaldblodshoppe was abruptly sick. The stomach to the Ness Tjo Noble este up. Ness describes it as if his stomach was about to explode.
There was no way around killing for the great travhoppa, which served just under 700 000 in the year.TRAVSTJERNE: Ness Tjo Noble was a big star in the travløpene. Here are the Tom Erik Solberg got the pleasure of driving her. Photo: Eirik Stenhaug / Equus Media. Show more - A great blow
Ness tells us that it was a great blow to him.
- The budget is one side of it. But this is the horses that I have had the care of since birth, " says the breeder.
Three other horses were also sick in the following days. But they survived and are on the mend.
the autopsy of the two horses that had to remedy with the life showed blodutredelser on the liver and kidneys, which are the two cleansing organs of the body.
There is full confusion about what really happened.
Ness has driven hestesenteret since 1993. There has never been any problems before now. The horses have stayed in the same area every day.A stream
It runs a stream through the property, where the horses stayed outdoors.
And it is this expertise believe could be the source of the horses were poisoned. Ness looks away from that it could be sabotage.
But what is the cause is still a mystery.
despite extensive analyses of water samples from this creek.
Dagbladet has gained access to a test result of the water, carried out by the institute Of marine research as assigned by the veterinarian Tonje Lund Ness, wife of John Ragnvald Ness. She also made the autopsy of the two horses.heavy Metals
Biologist Tone Ankarstrand by the County governor of Rogaland indicates that the analysis for heavy metals have proven very large quantities of iron and manganese in the water from the stream.
- Jerninnehold in the water is measured to 240 milligrams, and manganese to 51 milligrams per. kilogram of water. This is far above the limits for drinking water, which is 0,2 milligram, it is optimal for clean drinking water for both these metals, explains Ankarstrand.
She tells us that there also is a theory about the growth of blue green algae can cause poisoning.
- But there is something that doesn't quite match with the season. It has been cold in the area, and it is therefore not very likely that this may have occurred, " says the biologist.Travhestene his was poisoned and died. So purchased the "sinners" a great talent
Ankarstrand tells us that there will be investigations if there has been an abnormal activity in the area, for example in the form of storage of chemicals.
A firm that produces concrete, is near neighbor to Suldal equestrian center and is geographically close to, so that any emissions from there can physically end up in the stream that runs through the hestesenteret.- Surprised
But the operations manager Vidar Miljeteig in the Beer Concrete denies that the company may be the culprit.
I am absolutely sure of. We have nothing to hide and want to help ensure that this will be cleared up. It is a small community here, and I'm really quite surprised that we have not been contacted by more than one telephone from the County. That we instead get to hear about developments in this sad story through the media, " says Miljeteig to the Newspaper.
John Ragnvald Ness thought for a few days that the cause of the poisoning was located in these large concentrations of heavy metals in the water from the stream.
But then he got kontrabeskjed from the national veterinary institute. The values were not sufficient to give a so serious foriftningssituasjon.
This confirms toxicologist and senior researcher Aksel Bernhoft at the national veterinary institute.
Gifteksperten tells us that trying now to be reviewed for other possible instances that may have framkalt this serious forgiftningssituasjonen.Lynsjestemning against known travkusk: - I had nothing to do with avlivningen to do
- I will clarify that it was mudderprøver from the brook that gave the high values of heavy metals, " says Aksel Bernhoft to the Newspaper.
Toksikologen underlines the following:
After analyses of blood and tissue samples, as well as in miljøprøvene was not the concentration of the heavy metals are alarmingly high.Speculations
He did not want to go specifically into what the company explores for now.
- It is only suitable to create speculation, " says Bernhoft.
the Reason that the water in the creek possibly has been contaminated is still a mystery.
- It can be anything from old pipes in the area that have rusted up, to something that comes to the surface after many years. But it is also speculation at the present time, " says Bernhoft.
He adds that any new blood samples of the horses that survived the most likely is of no value.
- It has been such a long time that it probably not is possible to trace something there, " explains toksikologen.Construction equipment
There has been much construction in the area in connection with the industriutbygging. Previously, there was also a storage area for construction equipment on the lot to Suldal equestrian center.
the Case has grown to such a serious character that Miljødirektoratet also has been connected into. But the case is currently returned to the County governor of Rogaland for the further study. This is due to the fact that it's not yet established any kind of pollution which is the cause and the extent to which, the Newspaper stated at the Miljødirektoratet.
- Our first assumptions was that it could have been lead poisoning from the oppsamlingsplasser for construction machinery. Maybe after the leaks from the old batteries. But it was not, therefore, " says the owner of the Suldal equestrian center.
- Now I don't know what I believe. I keep at least the horses away from the stream. And no one has been sick after it, " concludes John Ragnvald Ness.
Fagbladet Trot And Canter-Again talked about the matter for the first time 14. January.A fire took everything she owned. Six days later came the shock from your friends