With 19 wins is the Kazakh Astana crew the most successful on the World Tour level this season until now.
Recently won the Jakob Fuglsang Sunday an impressive victory in the fifth stage of the Tirreno-Adriatico as a preliminary culmination of a terrific start to the season. The 19 wins is more than what the team managed to scrape together throughout 2017, while there were just three wins on the account last year at this time.
It could arouse the suspicion of unclean trot, but Fuglsangs former coach Rune Larsen, who last year was employed on the team to have complete confidence in the Danish mountain rider.
- Jacob has been running really strong this year, but he has also done in the past. He has through all the years improved and evolved every year, said Rune Larsen.
- He'll get things to succeed now, and I think that it is largely due, that he has got completely in control of his diet. We have talked a lot about over the years.
- It may also well be that he has been given new inspiration to get a new coach. I am satisfied with the work we have made together, Jacob has improved all the time, but it is not at all inconceivable that he has got the advantage of new input, said Rune Larsen.
- I bed brand in the, that he on Sunday when he won a stage in Tirreno-Adriatico, really bed the teeth together.
Jacob and I have especially since the 2016 work with his motivation and ability to get the head to push the body even more, and he's been better and better.
- It must not be misinterpreted, for James has always fought well, but this time you could really see that he gave everything and more to.
Rune Larsen left Astana without having to slam with the door, but he has expressed that he is not all the way through agree in the dispositions, which the management did.
He was constantly engaged in improving training and gear, but it was not always easy to penetrate and get his ideas to fruition. He has, however, no suspicions that the team is now running super powerful in the force methods, which are unobjectionable.
- One should never lay their head on the block for anyone, so you can get horribly wrong place, but I must say, however, that I do not have the imagination to imagine that any team dare to organize something systematically, said Rune Larsen.
- We know that there are a few riders who sit and småsnyder around, but to cheat as a team would be like playing Russian roulette with five bullets in the revolver.
- Antidopingsystemet is very difficult to cheat, so I see no risk, that there is organized doping place on the team, said Rune Larsen.
His confidence to Jakob Fuglsang is unabated, although he no longer has full access to his training data.
He believes that the dane's terrific start to the season must be due to that, Astana has managed to get the whole team to work together towards the same goal, in contrast to the time when stjernerytterne Fabio Aru and Vincenzo Nibali managed the team.
Astana is a team that has been in good development over the whole of last season, and when some of the riders on the team starts to win, then rubs it off on everyone on the team, said Rune Larsen.
Jacob Fuglsang, ended Tuesday on the overall third place in the Tirreno-Adriatico. Primoz Roglic from the Jumbo-Visma took the overall victory by just one second over Adam Yates from the Michelton-Scott.
Sports and Games Debriefing from Melbourne: an Incredible performance behind Haas' success