Nicolai Jørgensen played a quarter of an hour for Feyenoord at the weekend against Willem II, and the same thing he did two weeks ago against Vitesse. Short indhop has been the hallmark of the dane this season.
Against the league leaders PSV on 24. February so, otherwise, it seem to turn for the former FC Copenhagen-profile. Here played Nicolai Jorgensen throughout the match, and he scored Feyenoords lone goal in the 1-1 draw. Then it was back on the bench again.
The Danish midfielder does not hide the fact that he has a hard time to find out, what are your thoughts Feyenoord-trainer Giovanni van Bronckhorst, and what there is on the whole takes place in Rotterdam.
- It is a bit of a strange situation. I have delivered good performances in some matches, but the coach has chosen to look the other route, and why I do not know. He let me play against PSV, which I think I did well and also scored a good goal. The momentum I had hoped to build on, but then he benches me in all the matches again.
- I do not think I have had a big formdyk or anything; it has simply been the coach that has chosen something else. Of course, it is not optimal for me, says Nicolai Jørgensen for advice.dk.
He firmly believed that the performance and scoring against PSV, who have been quite outstanding in this season, would mark the start of a good period of time in Feyenoord.
- It was not just the goal, but also the fight at all. It was a good fight for me, I was strong and perhaps the best on our team. Three days later we met Ajax in a major fight, and I had hoped to be allowed to play. I was so not. I really don't know why; perhaps they're thinking, I must away for the summer, says Jørgensen.
are you Thinking that you need to get away for the summer?
- It is hard to say. It is not optimal for me to sit on the bench, as I do right now, and at the same time fall transferprisen on me, and it makes it easier to get away. But I would also like a place to go in the aftermath of a really good season, it is much easier to come to a new place, if you are bursting with self-confidence. So it is hard to say whether I must away. I do not think so much about it.
Nicolai Jørgensen moved to Feyenoord from FC Copenhagen in the summer of 2016, and he got a fantastic start in the Netherlands and became the league top scorer with 21 goals in his first season - he was also number two on the assistlisten with 11 presentations. It was a year ago by throwing a drømmeskifte for Premier League club Newcastle United. The English, commanded in the neighborhood of 150 million dollars for Nicolai Jørgensen - which had made him one of the largest purchases in The Magpies' history - but Feyenoord said no.
Now he is reserve in the Rotterdam club, and the question is, how the development has gone so sharply in the wrong direction?
- Damage has much to do with it. My first year was really, really good, for the next half-year was also really good, and I scored two goals in the Champions League and eight goals in the league before christmas. So it happened with Newcastle, which was a great option. I ended the season well and also scored in the pokalfinalen, and so should the here season be the season where I came back and made 25 goals, but I have not even played half of the matches. It has been frustrating, says the former top scorer, who curse the injuries he has been hit by the:
When I came back in the summer, I had problems with my foot, but getting back; also on the national team - but then I got a new injury and played the first again after christmas. It makes it of course difficult to find a level of for example ten matches, and this is definitely something I aim for here, the last time of the season.
Nicolai Jørgensen has a contract with Feyenoord until the summer of 2021.
Sports and Games Learn ALL about the new national team: a Bartender, a high school student and There biggest fan
Sports and Games Fodboldeksperter: How to see the national team out at the european championships in 2020
Sport and the Game's best scores: Here are their wives and girlfriends