TOBLACH (Dagbladet): For the day of rest on new year's eve waiting for a very hectic start to the new year for the participants in the Tour de Ski.
Three races in three days ushers in the new year, and one of them is the always equally chaotic and unpredictable fellesstarten in Oberstdorf.
Swedish Expressen writes today that during the annual FIS congress attempted løpernes representative, Finnish Marti Jylhää to get removed the race from the løpsprogrammet in the tour.
- All runners hate it. It is the most dangerous course of all, " said Marti Jylhää to Expressen during the congress in may.Kaosrenn Dyrhaug merciless towards the race: - Should have never gone
Jylhääs points appears well if one looks at the last three editions. In 2016 went Justyna Kowalczyk with Stina Nilsson and Charlotte Called off a slope. After the year was Sergey Ustjugov so cursed in the crowd that he began to turn after Marcus Hellner with his staff.
In an insane storm last year, ended it with the fact that more athletes broke poles and skis, several athletes crashed and tumbled in the rain and the wind. The worst of it went to Niklas Dyrhaug was left without staff, and ski and got the race destroyed.
I saw it only on tv in the last year, and I was glad that I saw it on tv and don't went to put it that way. It is not so much fun to go when it just gets møljegåing. Then there will be chaos. We runners like better when it gets some better speed and a little less to chance, " says Simen Hegstad Krüger.Denied by the FIS
despite all the delays, the last few years did not Jylhää medhør of FIS management. Rennsjef Pierre Mignerey was never in the vicinity of to remove fellesstarten in Oberstdorf from the program.Kowalczyk cutter against the FIS decision that affects Weng: A farce
I hear you. But I am very surprised by the negative criticism, " said Mignerey, before he decided that the program was clear.
- It is boring when Jylhää speak for all of us and FIS-the board just turn it away nonchalantly, but I'm not directly surprised, " says Calle Halfvarsson.- Is well cards
Also Simen Hegstad Krüger is skeptical that the race to the goose, in its current version. He believes the distance should have been longer.
- We've seen it often when it's 15 kilometers mass start that there is a lot that happens, there is a lot of chaos. Personally, I think 15 miles is well short of a mass start. In any case, must the course be so adapted with good, wide tracks so that it is the best that wins, " says Krüger.
On the question whether he agrees with Jylhää in that fellesstarten in Oberstdorf is the most dangerous race in the season nods Krüger pursuant.SKEPTIC: Simen Hegstad Krüger would have rather had a longer mass start. Photo: Terje Pedersen/NTB Scanpix Show more
- Yes, I really agree. There is always someone who is a bit well hot on the porridge and when are they a risk to themselves and others. I would like to see that they had done something with the program and the 15 km mass start, I am unsure if it is right for langrennssporten, " states Krüger.
It also makes Viktor Thorn.
" You do not understand always what the FISH want. They seem well it looks fun on tv, but it is not fun for the us athletes, he says to Expressen.
A defender fellesstarten is, however, Didrik Tønseth. He does not believe Oberstdorf is particularly worse than other races.
- Dyrhaug has gone right in the net there before, and there are opportunities to destroy the ski, poles, race and tour, but so bad, I think no race is. I think it is in any case is fun to look at for the tv viewers and it is important, says Tønseth.
He believes last year's wild run has burned out for good stuck in your colleaguesí memories.
- In herreklassen is 15 km mass start a war. It is fun as long as it goes well, but you saw the race last year there, it was a wild version. People fall in the flata. There are people everywhere, but it's about to be in the forefront. You saw it on Dario Cologna in the last year. You must be in the lead to avoid the delays, explains the Prize.
Can you beat your friends, rivals, cross-country skiers, and experts in the Fantaski?
the Newspaper, and Swix launches a new manager games for cross-country skiing. Here you can set up your own team consisting of six girls and six boys in front of each verdenscuprunde. You get points based on how your athletes are performing.
the Game passes the entire season, but you win prizes each and every round.Games here Reported massive snowfall
the Athletes release the probably not from the extreme weather in Oberstdorf in 2019 either. On fellesstarten Wednesday it is reported 25 inches of snow in the course of the day. It will be a completely new experience for most in the field.
It seems like there is always something new or interesting in Oberstdorf, yes. This time it's massive snowfall. It will be interesting for the tv viewers, but we would rather had a bit more fair conditions, " says Krüger.
It becomes especially, I have never gone in like that weather before. It is well Emil Iversen who wins then, the end Prize.
the Tour de Ski continues with the sprint in Val Müstair in Switzerland at 12, 1. new year's day.Why should the russians fear Krüger: - Would have been nervous if I were him