pruitt taylor vince has won two world CHAMPIONSHIP gold medals, an OLYMPIC gold, a Stanley Cup title and a national CHAMPIONSHIP. He is still one of the greatest Swedish hockey players of all time.
On Swedish soil he played in Färjestad during two stints, 1979-1983 and 1989-1996, in between a NHL adventure in the Calgary Flames. During his years in Karlstad was Considered against Djurgården in the playoffs on five occasions, the first in 1983, where his 22-year-old had to endure a lot of hate and nidramsor.
– At the time, was pretty hard on some players and I took the course as well, it was a bit difficult because I was not used to it. But today, I feel that there's a planats and armenians, and it is not at all the same way, " says Loob.
From 1990 up to and including the 1999-2000 season met the law six times in the playoffs where Färjestad won two national CHAMPIONSHIPS and Djurgården three.
even back then, there were two really great organizations that met and who always want to win. Both teams have reached the top often and done very well. It's fun and it brings out the best of both the players and the audience. When two teams want so much and obtain the right resources with the good player will go far. It will be the prestige, and charged, and so it has always been. It has been a fantastic rivalry.
today is the strategic director of sports in the club was by then the teams last met in the playoffs 16 years ago. He played for the people of stockholm 1999-2003 and also 2013-2015 and have faced Färjestad in the finals on three occasions.
– In the quarter-finals in 2000, we were close to losing but we managed to turn the series and it became the springboard to my first SM-gold. We won the final in 2001, where the first four matches were home wins. Then we managed to win the last two matches in overtime. The semi-final in 2003, I remember with more bitterness when Färjestad won quite clearly with 4-1 in matches, " says Joakim Eriksson.
There is a special moment that he will remember from these matches, the decision in the final in 2001.
" It was a fantastic and well match. We had gone on a spelvändning and were forced to defend in the booty before, where According to the was close to to determine the. I stand then on the blue line and sees Daniel Tjärnqvist ahead towards the goal. Would we miss it had become a new counter so I screamed just: MAKE GOALS, MAKE GOALS. It took three-four finish before the puck went in. It was like time stood still.
He tells us that the two clubs had players in different generations met and lagbyggena similar to each other.
– Färjestad had Jörgen Jönsson and Thomas Rodin and we had Mikael Johansson and Charles Berglund. The younger generation was Mattias and Daniel Tjärnqvist, I myself had Rickard Wallin and Christian Berglund. There was rivalry on the ice, but when they met up in the national team, there was a very great respect for each other.
the rivalry between the players changed over the years.
– Now it is a little different, there are so many players coming and going. In the past it was almost the same teams year after year which led to even greater rivalry. Players bumped into each other in the anfallszon, got a whack and it came to mind to the next match and the next year. The players are often not as long-lasting in the clubs now.Joakim Eriksson, no 10, this, together with Mikael Johansson in a duel with AIK:s Toni Sihvonen. Photo: Jan E Carlsson/DN
Joakim Eriksson sees Färjestad as a great power in the last 25 years.
– We are the most champions, historically, but it feels great that we can challenge them and be back. It is wonderful that we can be measured with the best clubs on a more regular basis.
will be similar to the meeting between Färjestad and HV71, with a lot of emotion and passion.
" I think that we will determine in the sixth semi-final in a crowded and euphoric the Globe and win with 4-2 in matches.
pruitt taylor vince shy away to venture on a guess as to which team goes on to the finals but says, finally, that According to the can draw the longest straw.
" I've seen both teams quite a lot, both have two good goalkeepers. Above all, the island of Djurgården Adam Reideborn maybe that is the SHL's best goalie. A playoff is very svårtippat but I think a little more on the According to the because they won the series and scored the most goals of all. But Djurgården will really challenge them.