Margins are going to determine the intense battle in the midterfeltet, when the Formula 1 season finally gets underway.
Mercedes, Ferrari and Red Bull still have a clear advantage, but on top of vintertesten it was hard to distinguish the rest of the teams from each other.
the Same applies for those with access to all data and strategists on the payroll.
At Renault expects that the majority of midterfeltet is within a tenth of a second of each other on a single game.
- After the test in Barcelona we made an analysis of how we see the field, and what we think the differences are - from top to bottom. Midterfeltet out from our predictions were all within a tenth; it was what we learned from the test. I think there are four-five teams within a very small margin, say, Renault's australian star Daniel Ricciardo to Sky F1.
Williams is in the progress, but still clearly slower, while the Alfa Romeo is not so far rapid out during the test.
Four-five teams, therefore covers over the Racing Points, Renault and McLaren plus one of or both the Alpha Tauri and Haas.
Daniel Ricciardo is in his last season for Renault. Photo: James Moy/Renault F1 Team
Before 2022-the rules shall enter into force no of midterholdene to challenge for victories.
- I wish that we had closed the gap to the front, but I still think that teams such as Mercedes will be quite tricky to beat in every first of the season. Midterfeltet with Racing Points, McLaren and the other teams will whiff. We are among them, but right now it looks a bit random like, who ends up as the victor, says the australian, who has already announced he's running for McLaren from 2021.
Renault, which has Danish Christian Lundgaard in the barn, tested for the newly two-year-old R. S. 18'is at the Red Bull Ring, where the first two races must be eliminated.
- Although it is not completely relevant to what we need to run for a few weeks, was nice to get out and run, brush the cobwebs of and interact with the team again. To get back in the work mindset, says Ricciardo.
the Majority of the teams are preparing with either a test in an old car or run alternatively 100 kilometres in the new car, which is allowed within the rules to marketingsbrug.
the Ferrari drivers aired on Tuesday their 2020-racer at the Mugello track, as the team owner. Photo credit: Scuderia Ferrari Press Office
See also: Haas come to be
See also: - It will be fucking strange
See also: Exciting experiment
The least - including Kevin Magnussens Haas - do not.
team boss Günther Steiner told a video conference with selected media - including Extra Magazine - that neither have the personnel or the budget for it.
- the Drivers are ready. I don't think they need a lot of training. It is a fine thing to do, but right now for us it is not a priority, he says.
These tests also has the advantage that the mechanics can practice their work under the new corona-guidelines.
- I think that it is a favor; I will not deny, but it is not great. Our people working in Banbury to collect the car, and that they must also keep a distance so I'm not so concerned about.
the First grandprix in the 2020 run 3.-5. august in Austria.
Play Engine Manager on the team.dk? If the answer is yes, then sign up for the open group ‘Bank Ekstra klogeåger’, where at Jason Watt (Always Bet on Black), Jan Summer (Boys of Summer) and Jonas Hüttel (The Penfold Hearts) participates. It becomes hardly difficult ... Here you get both the tips, trick and setting up to the 2020 version of Engine Manager (+)
Much more the Formula 1 Past day Understand F1's kørermarked: How is Kevin Past day Lundgaards big chance: Smutvejen to F1 Past day Banerekorder will be smashed: More planes than the race car Past day F1-manager: Beware of Kevin Past day Winners and losers: The wet dream smashed Past day Formula 1's biggest fraudster has placed women on the strip