Esbjerg downloaded Sunday evening, three important points for the league table, as the team at home beat Brøndby 2-1. Vestjyderne went boldly into the fight and did not hesitate to challenge the Brøndby-defensive.
Winger Mathias Kristensen was not surprised, it managed to score twice. He and the team were not scared of the Brøndby-defensive, which closed three goals in the tie forårspremiere against FC Nordsjælland.
- I'm not out to talk Brøndby down, but we knew that we would score. We had, of course, analysed it and seen video from the first match, where FC Nordsjælland created very many chances.
- The condition Brøndbys defensive are in right now, gave us the blood on the tooth. With the type of players we have, so that fits we really well for them.
- We were good in the transformation, and we knew Brondby would have problems with. It says almost everything that we won 2-1, but could have scored more goals, says Mathias Kristensen.
Brøndby has closed five goals in the spring of the first two matches, but head coach Alexander Zorniger provides not only defensive is to blame.
- It is the way we play the matches on, that is the problem. It is not only the objectives, which goes into, he says.
He misses to see the Brøndby-team act as the entity which acted in last season.
- We close the target into as a result of poor performance on the pitch. There are always players who can do it better when they are scored against us, but it's about the team as a unit and about how we defend us.
- We did not work as a unified and organized unit, and I saw a bunch of players, waiting on how the situations would develop, and then responded to it, says Alexander Zorniger.
Esbjerg is now number three in the League, while Brøndby is placed on the fourth place.