One does not become rich by making 'dancing with the stars', but it was very fun to be with.
How does it sound from Esben Dalgaard, who this year reached all the way to the semifinals, before he had to pack træningstasken.
- You don't earn the box to make 'dancing with the stars', or it may you may be good, but I did not. You get a lump in order to participate and some salaries per week, you go ahead. So I got the best out of it, he says, en Ekstra Bladet meets him at the restaurant Vita in Copenhagen.
Here he is promoting his latest series, season two of 'taking hostage', which at the same time marks a rounding off a busy year, in which he has made 'Deception', 'taking hostage', 'hand in Hand' and 'dancing with the stars' in addition to various teaterprøver. Often with more overlap.
Esben Dalgaard tells that it economically can be a strange size to be an actor.
'dancing with the stars' is the salary you get for a piece of work, as you also do it in the movies and tv shows. The business cycle in an actor's life can be unpredictable, and career planning is completely impossible. I may be risking a half years of unemployment, so when I have a half years, which I just had, so will the money put into a savings account, so I have something to eat in the period of time where I don't have something to work on, he explains.
in Addition to his role as an actor in film and television, he is also a regular member of The Royal national Theatre, and it is financially a completely different matter.
- In the theater you earn no money. It is so extremely underpaid, so it is tv shows and movies, which gives you the opportunity to make more lystprægede projects in the theatre, says Esben Dalgaard, however, quickly adds.
- It should not sound as if I piver over, that we do not earn some money, for it makes the actors have something to do. We serve excellent, but it is in periods. What is interesting is to see over a period of five years, how much one has worked.
Danish well-known - 17. nov. 2018 - at. 07:17 Dansepar misses the final: Therefore smoke out
The many tv and teaterprojekter that fills in the actor's calendar, will be able to get the majority to go to the doctor to ask for a stressdiagnose. But it is not the case for the 42-year-old Esben Dalgaard, who merrily bikes around the city from job to job.
- What do I need with peace, he asks with a grin.
- I enjoy the best life in the fast lane, and I like to be busy. I find peace in that I work intensely, and then I come home to the family, where I typically practice a little lines, before I say to myself, that I deserved to sit out and enjoy myself.
- you Will not be rundforvirret, when you both have to make 'Deception', 'taking hostage', 'dancing with the stars' and also has roles in the theatre and in the 'hand in Hand'?
- How many are thinking, but I'm not like that. It's just about preparation and focus, so you are not thinking of the kids or other roles. If you have organised your time well, it can easily be done.
Esben Dalgaard en Ekstra Bladet meets him at the press conference in the Restaurant Vita. Photo: Henning Hjorth
Esben Dalgaard is atypical in many ways, for the really big money is in Hollywood productions, who merrily make use of the Danish actors, but it interested him not. His focus is solely on the domestic duck, he says.
- I would really, really like to be about to land good jobs here at home. I don't have that big udlandslængsel. It is clear that if there comes an offer, I will of course consider it, but I have a family and children at home, and them I will really like to be with. I can't take a half a year abroad, it will be too difficult.
If you just can't get enough of Esben Dalgaard, then the hard-working actor soon exhibiting at The Royal Theatre, where he is in two productions in the beginning of the new year, 'Højskolesangbogen' which is set to premiere 8. January, and 'mixed doubles' which is set to premiere 20. February.