Small bloodsucking ticks have won their way to the Danish kæmpehotel Bella Sky rooms. It confirms the press officer at BC Hospitality Group, Karen Østerby, to Ekstra Bladet. BC Hospitality Group operates the hotel, the AC Hotel Bella Sky Copenhagen, which is the full name.
Karen Østerby can't answer that, how many of the hotel 811 rooms, which is affected by the small bedbugs, but informs that the hotels are in the swing to get to grips with the small creeps.
Holiday - 9. apr. 2019 - at. 21:18 Here I go: the Flamingo is delaying the aircraft at the Spanish airport
- It is something we take care of, as soon as we get information about the kind of but with these global travel trends, which is today, it is almost impossible to avoid. It happens everywhere and in all the hotels, says Karen Østerby.
- There will be taken care of with the same, " she stresses.
It tells that it was once a very rare incident, but that the sort is now happening more often. She explains it with more global travel patterns.
- It happens. It is inevitable. In the past it was almost breaking news, because we had some other types of travel, but today, where people can go to Bangkok on the weekend instead of Mon, so it's probably almost impossible to avoid, says Karen Østerby.
- It is not something we go into a coma or panic over, for things to happen, and it happens probably also in many other hotels the world over, for the same reasons, she says.
Bedbugs are small ticks, which use their sugesnabel to suck blood from people. They are shady, so during the day hiding in cracks and crevices, but in the evening, they come forward to find a place from which they can suck blood. Are you bitten by a bedbugs, there are large differences in how to respond. Some are bothered not at all, while the bid of the other swells dramatically.
the Article continues under the faktaboksen ...
the Facts about bedbugs
The adults menneskevæggelus (Cimex lectularius) is 4-5 mm. long.
You know, today, about 75 different species of bedbugs
Væggelusen is not a jumper, it belongs to the tægerne, and sengetæge is another name for it. Most ticks live of plantesaft, but væggelusen uses its sharp proboscis to suck blood.
Væggelusene do not live as the real lice on værtsdyrenes body. They live most of their lives in værtsdyrets surroundings and seek it only in order to suck blood. They can only cope with animals that have a nest or a home, they will return to.
Bedbugs in dark cracks and crevices as closely as possible at places where there are sleeping people in the night. Much like in the bed, but also behind loose wallpaper, behind pictures and tapestries on the walls and under the fejelister, just to mention some possibilities.
It's never been proven that bedbugs have transferred the disease to humans, although one can find several types of both bacteria and viruses on a bedbugs.
Some people however are sensitive to bites from the bedbugs. It can lead to a red rash and swelling.
It will not tell you what to do if you have been a guest at the Bella Sky and experiencing symptoms.
- It is a matter between us and our guests. It says we us of the principle, not about, but of course there is not any that is left in the lurch, " says Karen Østerby.
- I know with certainty that we have some excellent people who take care of the problem, she says.