Peter Arnholdt is horrified.
As Extra the Blade catches him on the phone at home in Belo Horizonte, he has been up an hour of time, but acknowledges that he did not really put themselves into what is going on down in Rio de Janeiro.
It happens fast.
the News roars off on brazilian tv, where the story of the fierce fire fills up everything.
Ten people have been killed. Of them are at least four young players who were associated with the club's academy for 14-17-year-olds.
And Peter Arnholdt Jensen does not hide the fact that the fire makes an impression.
- I am terrified. I must say, sounds it.
Like many other big clubs fetches the youths, and they live so in the camps. It is the affected, he says.
Intl. football - 8. feb. 2019 - at. 11:25 Team in the flames - at least ten killed
He has lived a number of years in Brazil, and is located in Belo Horizonte, there is a one hour flight north of Rio de Janeiro. Peter Arnholdt Jensen sees every year, a myriad of youth matches in brazilian football and has therefore also seen Flamengos youth team many times.
- Flamengo is a giant in brazilian football. They have over 30 million fans across the country. Either love them, or hate them. How is it, he says.
One of them, who keep with them, is Danish Andreas Knudsen, who, along with Peter Arnholdt Jensen driver podcast Brasserbold.
People gathered outside the Flamengo on Friday, as the news of the fire reached out. Photo: Ricardo Moraes/Reuters
A fire truck is seen in front of the Flamengo on Friday. Photo: Ricardo Moraes/Reuters
He is born and lives in Randers, but has a brazilian mother and speaks fluent Portuguese. He has been an ardent Flamengo fan since 1983, is today the only Danish member of the club and trying, despite his work to follow the news flow from Brazil as well as possible this Friday.
- I am deeply shaken, he says.
- All stood in the sun and the moon, that they just this year, back and tops. With a relatively new coach and general really walk in both the economy and everything is possible. It here can take your breath away out of the club and the big fanfraktioner. It is terrible, he says.
Peter Arnholdt Jensen tells, to Flamengo in the brazilian scale can get Brøndby and FCK to fade away in the Danish scale.
- They are called FC Globo after the big tv-channel here (O Globo, ed.), because they are being shown, each and every time you can get away with it. Like in Denmark, because it is them, most people will see. When they play cup matches in the province abound it is always with the Flamengo fans, and they say the popular Flamengo never play at stamford bridge, he tells.
- When they play against teams in the Danish scale would be danmarksseriehold, there are 40,000-50,000 people. It would be similar to that which would come to around 25,000 FCK's matches against such small teams. It shows how much they love the club, he says.
- You can safely call them the people's club, he says, and begins to list high rollers from the history of the club up. He stops by Zico.
the Legend, there continue to be counted as one of Brazil's greatest soccer players ever - and that is saying something.
- He has been a kulturbærer in the club. A people have been able to identify with. And he has been instrumental to the popularity, Flamengo have.
The can Andreas Knudsen nod in recognition. He has in many cases been in Brazil and Rio de Janeiro, since he in '83 was to his cousin's birthday and was infected with the love for just Flamengo, who reigned in the family.
- I've tried to be to their workouts, along with 8,000 others, he says.
Now waiting for some uncertain days, where dismay and sorrow will fill the picture in the club, and so it's about to come again. As Flamengo have done before, where the relegation and the terrible economy have been getting to grips with storklubben.
But it might be easier said than done, believes Peter Arnholdt Jensen.
- it Will really shake the club?
- Certainly. In the first place is the semifinals of the tournament Taça Guanabara on Saturday postponed indefinitely, he says.
Sports and Games Shocked with skrækbilledet: the Women adored him
Sports and Games unique in scandinavia because the best merchant: He is brilliant and excellent!!!
Sports and Games Created football-shock at the Bernabeu: Now he works in the warehouse at the grocery Store
Sports and Games How it went sølvholdet from Rome