do you Know something?
Tip us on sms 1224 (alm. TEXT rate), or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also choose to fill in the form below.E-mail: Name: Tel. No: Select the image or video (5 mb) Send the Upload photo/video, Close the
Thank you for your submission
not one of them. The editorsIt was an error - please try again
please Remember to fill in all the fields and attached material must not fill more than 5 mb.
If the problem remains, you can submit the tip on the sms to 1224 (alm. sms tariff), or via email to email@example.com.Submit material
The popular Danish bar-chain Old Irish Pub is in the face of adversity before the opening of a new bar in Stavanger. They are accused among other things to have advertised illegally for deals on alcohol.
- There is talk about a soleklar violation of alkohollovens §9-2 on the advertising of alcohol, so I don't understand what they are doing. It seems to be their third breaking of laws in Stavanger in a short time, says the Norwegian mayoral for the Left Jan Erik Søndeland to NRK.
president and Ceo of Old Irish Pub, Peder Johan Blak, says to Ekstra Bladet, that an advertisement with the text 'Beer and Gin Bar' by mistake and was hung up on the building where the bar should lie.
- It was our mistake, and as soon as we became aware of it, was the advertisement taken down, says Peder Johan Blak.
Old Irish Pub is also accused of having had nine Polish artisans living illegally in the property, where the bar should be.
- as soon As we became aware that it was illegal, they were moved to an ordinary home booked through Airbnb. We were not aware that this was against the rules, and we have now moved our craftsmen to a hotel, says ceo Peder Johan Blak.
Mayoral Jan Erik Søndeland (V) on the basis of the charges that the municipality says no to the application on fully licensed from the Old Irish Pub.
- We should, as politicians, set an example. We should take the matter politically, he says to NRK.
Executive vice president Peder Johan Blak has been in Stavanger since last Thursday to take care of the charges, and the Old Irish Pub is now awaiting the decision from the authorities.
- We have taken care of the matter and to comply with all legislation in Norway. We are now awaiting the investigation of the Norwegian authorities in relation to when we can open, says Peder Johan Blak.
Old Irish Pub has already three bars in Norway and planning to come up on ten in total.