A psychologist was on Friday convicted of abuse of his client as well as other. While the investigation and trial was going on, he could legally continue his practice, even though Psykolognævnet believed that he was a danger to other patients.
Now he is found guilty of having exploited his client for several months, but because the psychologist has appealed against the judgment, he can again continue to practice until the high court's decision.
- It is grotesque and wrong and should not be able to do that. I think most of us want to be treated by a rapist, says Liselott Blixt, who is psychiatry - and sundhedsordfører in the Danish people's Party.
the Psychologist could not be stopped, because the rules are different for psychologists than for dental professionals, nurses, doctors and other healthcare professionals. Where the other automatically loses the right to his title and to treat, if they get stripped of their authorization, can psychologists continue as non-authorized.
- concretely, should the psychologists legislatively placed under the ministry of Health and be a part of the health care system. It is that they belong to - they treat the people and help them to get the better, says Liselott Blixt.
Sundhedsgruppen in the DF is currently looking into the possibility that all psychologists will come under the health ministry's legislation, and thus must have an authorization that you can take from them, if they break the rules, commit massive bug or exploit clients.
a look immediately promising for Liselott Blixts proposal.
- It is unacceptable and terrible, and I would like to do what needs to be done here at the Palace, so it can be stopped. It speaks to the underlying problem, that there still are difference between physical and mental illness, says Pernille Schnoor, health and psykiatriordfører for the Alternative.
Also, the Unity health - and psykiatriordfører, Peder Hvelplund, believe that there must be supervision of all psychologists.
- in Addition to Psykolognævnet have more muscles, so they can deprive psychologists the right to practice. It should not be such that you should be completely to the courts in order to deprive a psychologist his title, he says.
--------- SPLIT ELEMENT ---------the Minister, lets wait on themselves.
Psychologists are subject to legislation in the Children and the Ministry of social affairs. It is, therefore, the minister Mai Mercado, who has overall responsibility.
- the Issue of authorisation is something the government will look at in the context of the government's comprehensive action plan for mental health services up to 2025, writes the conservative minister Mai Mercado in an email.
the Issue is not new for her. Already back in august, she received a section 20-questions from Kirsten Normann from SF:
- Considers the minister that it is reasonable to a psychologist, who has been stripped of its authorisation due to a charge is to have been abusing on a client, can continue to practice and even without supervision from the Danish Health and medicines authority? sounded the question.
since then, nothing happened, but now it seems the ruling Left open for a specific amendment.
- It is sensible that the government looks closely at whether it would be appropriate to introduce a professional certification of psychologists, and how in that case it may be most appropriate, writes the Liberal party sundhedsordfører, Jane Heitmann, in an email.