the News that Ole Gunnar Solskjær is Manchester United's new manager, leading the already great Norwegian interest for the Premier League to a new level.
45-year-old from Kristiansund to lead one of the world's by far the most powerful football clubs for the first time against Cardiff Saturday. 18.30.
Solskjærs first home game as Manchester United manager at Old Trafford will not be shown live in its entirety on TV 2's Premier League channels.
2 TV can only show one match in hovedrunden at. 16.00. The match is serieleder Liverpool at home to Newcastle - and not Solskjærs hjemmedebut against Huddersfield.
the Choice was made before Solskjær was José Mourinhos substitutes as Manchester United manager and will not be changed now. It confirms the TV 2 to Dagbladet.
- We send the Liverpool match in 16-round on Boxing Day. It is important to keep in mind is that we have a parallel programme called "Målshow", where we send all the main highlights, including Solskjærs arrival into the stadium, as well as all chances and goals, " says Eystein Thue, fotballsjef in the TV 2, to Dagbladet.SOLSKJÆR: Sportsjournalist at Dagbladet, Øyvind Godø, have followed both nordmannens trenerkarriere and Manchester United over a long time, and think Solskjær has what it takes to succeed in storklubben. Video. Kristoffer Løkås. Pictures: NTB Scanpix. Show more
How much can you show from the Manchester United match in Målshow transmission?
- We are dynamic in the weighting of the highlights based on how big the battles are. If there is a storlag in action, we show more photos from the match. We provide all the highlights in Solskjærs first home game as Mancheser United manager, since the battle is special. The nature and content determines how many minutes it will be.Hisses at TV 2s Solskjær-decision
Responsible editor in the Manchester United supporterklubb, Dag Langerød, is highly critical of TV 2's choice to not send Solskjærs first home game as Manchester United manager.
- It is too bad of the TV 2. It is journalistic skivvebom, if they have a choice here. It is meant to be a channel which has sent live in the two days that Solskjær can be new Manchester United manager, and when he actually gets it, so they do not show his first home game at Old Trafford, says Langerød to the Newspaper.Confirmed: Solskjær being United manager
- All United fans will now examine how one can stream the fight illegally instead. I don't realize that CHANNELS 2 want it. I like normally not to criticize the other, but here I feel there is a big mismatch between how they have vektlakt its journalistic coverage and yet the dropper to send the first home game.
- It's not about Manchester United up against Liverpool, but how enormously large this is for Norway. How much in English sporting history really has been greater than that a Norwegian takes on the world's biggest football club? Solskjær now dominate media landscape all over the world. The whole world is watching on Solskjær, believe Langerød.
- It is incredibly exciting. Solskjær is a legend. Many were Manchester United fans because of Solskjær, and now he will be the club's manager.Send four of them for the first
TV 2 assures that the Manchester United's matches against Cardiff, Bournemouth, Newcastle and Tottenham, four of the first five, all of which will be sent directly on TV 2's Premier League channels.
Reason for fight on Boxing Day does not appear directly in its entirety, is that the decision that the Liverpool - Newcastle was this round hovedkamp was already taken when Solskjær ended up at the helm at Old Trafford.There is only one man who can stand behind this
- What does it mean for interest to the Premier League in Norway Solskjær get such a central role?
" We think this is very fun. It is fun to both existing and potentially new viewers. We have already earlier this year stepped up its commitment with a correspondent in Manchester. We want to be close to the Norwegian profiles, and the big teams, says TV 2s Eystein Thue to the Newspaper.
But Solskjær-the news is so fresh for us that we have not had time to digest it completely, but we shall try to strengthen our content further now as the interest increases. We're going to show four of the Solskjærs first five matches live, and look forward even more to the great fotballhøytida now than before.Liverpool fans fear Solskjær-effect
Liverpool fans were worried when rumours went about that TV 2 would change his mind and switch 16 in a match on Boxing Day.
When the Newspaper spoke with Pål Christian Møller, chairman of Liverpool F. C. Supporters' Club Norway, earlier in the day, he was clear about what he thought about the matter.Solskjær has the fans in the back: - Everyone loves him
- It's nice that an old Liverpool supporter has got a job in Manchester. When it comes to the TV-match on Boxing Day, we expect that the CHANNELS 2 are fixed by the choice they have already taken whether to send Liverpool and not Manchester United this time, " says Mills, to Dagbladet.
There are several reasons to view the Liverpool, which tops the league and has many more members than Manchester United. At the same time, we understand that TV 2 will focus on Solskjær, but now they show his debutkamp in Cardiff.
TV 2 must like to do a lot of journalistic work around the tribute of his first match at Old Trafford, but Liverpool fans will feel very cheated about Manchester United-the fight will appear again before us. TV 2 selected United last. Then there will be plenty of protests about the same thing happening again. We were promised that we would be shown this time. If the TV 2 select to drop it and disappoint the people saw, they must come with a proper plaster on the wound.
Supporterlederne in other major Premier Leage clubs fear that Solskjærs new managerrolle in Manchester United can go at the expense of coverage of their clubs.Hailed by former teammates: - A genius
- If there is a Solskjær-effect and that they now appear every time, is not acceptable. We the fans stick with the team, not because a doe has an important role. It may not turn everything on its head. It will not norwegians accept, " says Mills.
But now the release so Liverpool fans with the horror of English soccer's feast day, Boxing Day, all the time the TV 2 sticks with the decision to send Liverpool above Manchester United.
at the same time assures TV 2 that all of the other United matches in the first period will be shown, in the first place settlements against Cardiff, Bournemouth, Newcastle and Tottenham.- not Really athletic qualified
Langerød points out that Solskjær is not sportsmanlike qualified for the job, but is still positive for the temporary employment.
- There has not been a good atmosphere in the company Manchester United. Ole Gunnar is really not sportsmanlike qualified, but he can be a unifying force that spreads positivity and commitment. It is necessary, he says to Dagbladet.
We had just a live broadcast of his employment, and I have rarely seen such a positive comments section in social media. We must not forget how great Solskjær actually is. Heltedyrkingen of him is probably even greater in England than in Norway.Solskjær defies his son's desire to be Mourinhos replaces