HERNING (Dagbladet): - Hopeless and impossible!
It says several Norwegian players about the ongoing battle to remove like glue from topphåndballen
The international handball federation (IHF) work namely still on blast to get rid of the sticky aid for improving the grip around the ball.
It gets to the Newspaper confirmed in the ongoing world cup in Denmark/Germany.Ongoing project
It is over two years since the IHF-president Hassan Moustafa stated that efforts are being made towards a sport without like glue. He hoped then to test the new balls in the ongoing world cup. So, it was not.
" We have many problems here in Germany, where like glue makes the floors dirty. The color of the ball is also gone, and after ten minutes, is it completely black because of like glue. It is not good for håndballens image, said president Moustafa.
Dagbladet can reveal that the battle for a klisterfri handball is still in progress for full.
- We have a goal of klisterfri handball. Efforts to develop a ball without like glue progress with IHFs official ballsponsor, Molten, says IHFs mediesjef Jessica Rockstroh to the Newspaper.
Associated don't want to say anything about when they will test the balls in a major international championship.
- We are making constant advances in development and will come with more information when things are clear, " says Rockstroh.UNSOLICITED: The international handball federation will get rid of like glue. Photo: Vidar Ruud / NTB scanpix Show more Sagosen critical
The Norwegian world cup-profiles shaked stated on the head when Dagbladet asks about the players ' thoughts about the IHF project.
- This is impossible, " says stjernespiller Sander Sagosen to the Newspaper.
- like glue is a part of the sport and something that has followed us since childhood. Like glue is something of the charm with the sport at the top level. If but anyway, even if is lost, we lose also the extreme performance on the track, " says Sagosen.
He admits that the idea may be healthy in the long run.
- For barneidretten I can understand that this is a theme, where the players can postpone use as long as possible, " says trønderen.Critical to the world cup expansion Less attractive
Sagosen get support from Gøran Johannessen:
This is probably a hopeless suggestion from Hassan. I have tried klisterfri ball, but it is not close to work. We sweat a lot on the pitch and then we lose grip. Therefore, like glue important. Without like glue is the quality of the håndballsporten worse. There will be more errors and less attractive for the spectators. It means that everyone loses in this, " says Johannessen to the Newspaper.
- do you Have faith in a klisterfri future?
- Everything can happen, but I hope the really not it happens at the top level. The klisterfri ball works ok when you are dry and not sweaty. But in battle, it becomes impossible, " says Johannessen.
France-pro and the upcoming Drammen player Espen Lie Hansen is also not enthusiastic about the proposal.
- The (IHF) is trying the whole time to find new ways to change the sport. All realize that this is not working. I can't see that like glue is a problem in today's handball. I have zero faith in this. It destroys the entertainment, " says Lie Hansen to Dagbladet.
Nor does the national team coach Christian Berge lets the impress of IHFs fight against but anyway, even if.
- It is impossible. In any case, for today's top players who have used like glue all my life, " says Berge to the Newspaper.
For children, and a long perspective I can see that there are opportunities. In such a case, it must not frame those who already have played a whole håndballiv already, Berge.
the IHF had a dream to test out klisterfri ball already during the world cup which is in progress.
- It's probably just as well, says Berge and smiles slyly.Magic Myrhol-assisted
Norway's matches in the group stage in world cup:
Friday, 11. January: Norway - Tunisia 34-24
Saturday 12. January: Norway - Saudi-Arabia 40-21
on Monday 14. January: Norway - Austria 34-24
on Tuesday, 15. January: Norway - Chile at. 18.30
Thursday 17. January: Norway - Denmark kl. 20.30Disclose sykdomsdrama