Corinne Suter, who was Beaten in a true-hundredth of a crime only of the American Mikaela Shiffrin and the Italian Sofia Goggia. In the world Cup Corinne Suter was still a place on the podium failed, three times, she was Fourth in a downhill. In Cortina you had the 3. Place a single hundredth of a second missed.
But now, in Sweden, the 24-year-old inner-Swiss was rewarded. Little was missing, and it would have passed to Gold. On the victory, Mikaela Shiffrin, who won three world Cup titles in the Slalom for the first time in a Speed discipline, rich Suter lost only 5 hundredths. And the second-placed Sofia Goggia, who won last March on the same track in Are at the world Cup finals, was only three hundredths of a second faster.
The Bronze-travel: Corinne Suter and loses only 5 hundredths, and for the first Time on the podium. (Video: Tamedia/SRF)
In the fight for fractions of a second but there were also many Losers. Because of the strong Wind was run on a shortened route from the Reserve Start. This provided the shortest Super-G at the world Cup with the narrowest of intervals. Only two hundredths of a second behind Corinne Suter, the German Viktoria was castle Fourth vine. And the Slovenian Ilka Stuhec it was enough with only 0.26 seconds behind only in 8th place.
Lara gut-Behrami , which showed a solid ride and before the race as the most promising Swiss trump card was finished with 48 Hundredths of a residue position 9. the Wendy Holdener had to be modest with a ranking of 14. Jasmine Flury of arbitration with a Penalties as well as the Liechtensteiner Tina Weirather.
Vonn crashes - Shiffrin cheers
Lindsey Vonn, who had won in 2009 in Val d'isère for the United States, the only world title in the Super-G of the women and after Are your career will end, crashed. Fortunately, they remained of minor bruises aside unharmed.
to Cheer her teammate Mikaela Shiffrin, who competed for the first time as a speed rider, on a big occasion was. Also in the world Cup, the 23-year-old has started only 11 Times in the Super-G, but since this Winter, she also departs in this discipline is top notch. Three times she's competed in this season, three times she has won. In Are also a little bit of luck to join. She nearly missed out on her Gold-journey to a goal, but even with this snafu, it was enough occasions, to its now sixth gold medal to Big.
Are (SWE). In the world Championships. Super-G women:
1. Mikaela Shiffrin (USA) 1:04,89.
2. Sofia Goggia (ITA) of 0.02.
3. Corinne Suter (SUI) is 0.05.
4. Viktoria rebensburg (GER) of 0.07.
5. Nadia Fanchini (ITA) of 0.14.
6. Ragnhild Mowinckel (NOR) of 0.16.
7. Francesca Marsaglia (ITA) was 0.24.
8. Ilka Stuhec (SLO) of 0.26.
9. Lara gut-Behrami (SUI) of 0.48.
10. Federica Brignone (ITA) of 0.54.
11. Nicole Schmidhofer (AUT) 0,69. 12. Tamara Tippler (AUT) 0,72. 13. Kajsa Lie (NOR) was 0.93. 14. Wendy Holdener (SUI) 1,10. 15. Ramona Siebenhofer (AUT) 1,19. 16. Tessa Worley (FRA) 1,59. 17. Romane Miradoli (FRA) 1,64. Also: 27. Ester Ledecka (CZE) 2,80. - 43 riders started, 29 classified. - Eliminated: Jasmine Flury (SUI) , Tina Weirather (LIE), Stephanie Venier (AUT) and Lindsey Vonn (USA). (lif/sda)
Created: 05.02.2019, 13:00 Uhr