- I can confirm that we are working on a large event in the beginning of June, but has not yet signed a contract with an arena, says the MMA fighter Mark O. Madsen, who has suddenly gotten a weekend with many calls.
BT.dk wrote namely on Saturday afternoon that he is entering the MMA cage against the boxer Patrick Nielsen.
My phone exploded.
But you'll need to meet Patrick Nielsen?
- My manager has been in dialogue with Patrick Nielsen-the camp on such a struggle. I can confirm, says Mark O. Madsen, who at the same time stresses that no contract is yet signed.
Are you starting to train up to meet a boxer?
- No, we are not yet, but it would be an exciting match up. A striker versus a grappler, which I know, is that the former breaks down. Two practitioners from each of their world. I do not think that such a match would go to time out.
Mark 0. Madsen has only been in the MMA world in a year's time, but his presence has already been noticed – both at home and abroad.
- It has been 12 exciting and very brutal months. I am very on the road to find the right sparring partners, but now I have found a few investors, who go with in the Olympian Gym, as I will open in Maribo. So I have only 20 minutes home and still can also be both husband and father to my children.
How long can you be on?
- I think I have five good years left as a MMA figther. I live more professionally today than I did when I, as a 20-year-old won my first WORLD cup-medajle which breaks, says the 34-year-old muskelbundt.
It has not yet been possible to get a comment from Patrick Nielsen.
Patrick Nielsen has not yet commented on the possible fight against Mark O. Madsen. Photo: Tariq Mikkel Khan