At six o'clock in the morning was of 50,000 passports put up for sale on the DSB website, and the demand on the first day is already huge. At 14 was sold 24.000 passport, informs the DSB.
A passport provides the opportunity to travel freely around the Danish amusement park with train, metro, bus and light rail in eight days for just 299 kroner in the period from the 27. June 9. august.
the Pass is intended as a way in which the danes can come cheap around on summer vacation in Denmark, and thus get good time in the Danish sommerøkonomi.
But it is not only sommerglade danes who have had their eyes opened for the passport. The many commuters who must spend their summer on the work, is also eager to get their fingers in the coveted passport. There are thousands of dollars of difference.
the Extra Leaf has been in contact with several commuters, who have chosen to drop the pendlerkortet in the summer and instead buy the passport - simply because there are so many money-saving.
Rejsepasset is available in 43 days, and there are no restrictions on the number of orders. You can order as many pas in the extension of each other, as you will.
If you expect five passports, which almost covers the period rejsepasset is available, the costs of 1495 kronor in total. With a commuter passes in the same period of time from Odense to Copenhagen the price will instead be 5368 crowns. It is, thus, more than three times as expensive with commuter passes.
Also at a shorter distance, there is a lot of money to save. A commuter passes from Vejle to Aarhus costs 2684 crowns – that is barely twice as expensive as five passports.
Only three parties are not included in the summer package. It applies to the Liberal Alliance, the New Civic and the Danish people's Party. Photo: Jens Dresling
So who can belittle the commuters, who choose the passport over the card? It can pendlerrepræsentant for Slagelse-Copenhagen route, Toke Hermind, not in the least.
- I see it as a small biscuit to us. I think that there are plenty of very, we have to deal with over the next couple of months. There are sporarbejdet, and the will be removed over the summer.
In pendlergruppen on Facebook can Toke Hermind also confirm that people have gotten their eyes up for rejsepasset, and here too there is not the great moral considerations.
- It is well the rules of the game, when they are offered for all?--------- SPLIT ELEMENT ---------
DSB: the Commuters are important customers
It is not possible in any ways to see whether it is commuters or holiday-danes, who purchase the passport. So how many that will be used for one or the other, is unknown. It, however, creates no annoyance in the DSB - quite the contrary.
- We are certainly not infuriating over something in this package - on the contrary, we are just incredibly happy that it's been taken so well and are so attractive that it is, says Jan Sigurdur Christensen, commercial director iDSB.
- You have to remember that commuters are an incredibly important customer to us. And we have purposely not put a lot of restrictions on, so of course commuters are welcome to buy a passport. Whether it was the spirit of the offer, you can have an opinion on, but we just hope from the RAILWAYS' side, to the commuters then also use the pass for anything other than the stretch, they usually run on.
Rejsepasset is a part of the summer package to 700 million kroner, which the government launched together with the Left, Radical Left, Socialist people's Party, Unity, the Conservative Party and the Alternative to get the time in the Danish sommerøkonomi.
the FACTS: summer package gives cheaper trains and experiences
A political majority is on Friday agreed on a summer package, which should kick-start the economy by supporting tourism.
the Package contains a number of initiatives for a total of 700 million kroner. Here is a selection of the actions:
Cheaper public transport:
* Passports of 299 kroner - which provides eight days of free travel with public transport. Offered of 50,000 passports in the period from Saturday, 27. June to Sunday the 9th. august.
* DSB service provider a million Orange-tickets across the great belt in the school summer holidays for 99 dollars, including pladsbillet.
* Free indenrigsfærger in July for pedestrians and cyclists.
* Subsidies for the price reduction on the ferries to the small islands and the island of Fanø, Læsø, Ærø and Samsø - in august and september.
* the Reduction of fares on the ferry services Ystad-Rønne in august and september.
* the Package provides half-price on a variety of cultural experiences.
* allocated money, as freedom of association and idrætslivet can seek to create more activities.
* Schools have an allocation for this year's summer activities.
Support for the operator:
* the Temporary increase of the bundfradraget by the rental of holiday homes.
* Free offers on local activities for older people over 65 years of age.
* Several day trips for residents in nursing homes and social psychological residential facilities.
* Free transportation of disabled persons in the summer holidays.
Sources: ministry of industry and ministry of Transport.Show more Close