A competition in Turin was cancelled. Then was a simförbund the face of a lawsuit.
the Swedish star Michelle Coleman looks positive on the världselitens protest against the Fine.
"I really believe a change is on the way so I support it," says Coleman.
During the last week left the triple OLYMPIC champion Katinka Hosszu, of Hungary, and the american world champion Tom Shields and Michael Andrew a lawsuit in a u.s. court against the international swimming federation, Fina. This after a new, lucrative excellent in Turin, which is not sanctioned by Nice, set after the invited simstjärnorna, among other things, including the swedes Sarah Sjöström and Michelle Coleman, received threats from the Fine, if the negative consequences of a possible participation.
at the same time as this conflict has reached the surface, the Swedish national team started to charge for kortbane world CUP in Hangzhou, China.
Michelle Coleman of Sweden's biggest hope on the championship in the megastar Sarah sjöström's absence, appreciate their colleagues ' domstolsprotest.
– I think it is great. It is lovely that we are starting to stand up more against the Fine and set a little greater demands, " says Coleman.
– I don't have much faith in international organisations such as Nice and the Fifa. It is difficult to have both when one is involved in the sport and know how it goes and when you read about scandals here and there."Lovely to see"
Criticism of the Fine from the swimmers themselves extends no further than a set contest. Coleman mentions among other things, the distribution of income as a point where the swimmers would like to see improvement.
– You know that the swim was still pulling in plenty of money in the form of television rights and the sponsors, but that we, as the sims don't really look the money. It doesn't feel entirely fair.
TT: it Will be a hassle to then participate in a championship which is a bit of Finas flagship?
– No, you can't keep on thinking about it. It would take too much time and energy. But of course, it looks like it would be a change. These things take a very long time, but it starts in all cases be a little stormy in the boat. It is lovely to see.
In the basin, it is the less stormy now for Michelle Coleman. Axelskadan that kept her away from including EM-the waters in Glasgow in the summer do not disturb anymore and is under control. SM-simmandet in Stockholm, sweden last month gave her several nice receipts, and results.Swim back
And the shape – it seems to have topped at the right time.
– I feel that I can enjoy to compete in a different way and I'll try to maintain it throughout the world CUP and just enjoy being able to be here and swim. Speed comes easy and I feel strong.
Add to frisimsspecialisten even get the chance at two ryggsimsdistanser (100 and 200 metres).
– I still have to swim good backstroke during the autumn (the Swedish record in the 100 metres back on the kortbane-SM in November, ed.). It still felt as a matter of course to take with the distances.
TT: Is also a ryggsimssträcka on an OLYMPIC relay in 2020 in the calculation here?
– Yes, it is clear. But it is kortbana so you can't really think of the results. It is a completely different sport almost.