the run-up to the weekend's forårspremiere in Norwegian football for IK Start has been anything but idyllic.
the Club, which came down in the autumn, and therefore addresses an unflattering season in OBOS-ligaen - Norway's second best - has put his head coach, Kjetil Rekdal, from the licences.
According to several Norwegian media have the club set up a civil service against the former top player, but it is not concrete, what's going on, and what Rekdal has done since the mood suddenly become bad in the Kristiansand club.
According to the president Monica B. Grimstad, the management of the club not been in doubt that a public service has been the only right thing to do.
- the Decision to create a civil service was taken after a meeting with Kjetil Rekdal on Thursday morning. The background is more isolated incidents, she explains a bit cryptic to the Newspaper.
Kjetil Rekdals lawyer, Erik Flågan, refuses to know the circumstances and reasons.
at the same time with the creation of the case it was decided that the Rekdals responsibility for the first team will be entrusted to the assistant coaches, Joey Hardarson and Andreas Jensen, as long as the case is in progress.
And so the former WORLD cup-quite otherwise, look on from the sidelines in the meantime.
Rekdal even argue that the announcement by management came as lightning from a clear sky.
- I'm sorry the club's management two days before the start of the season. It has left players, fans and all who keep the of the Start, in an untenable and difficult-to-deplorable situation, he says.
Teddy Moen, who is the boss in toptrænernes trade union, Trenerforeningen, calling the timing 'very special'.
- First and foremost, it is rare that we see a head coach be suspended. He has not been agreed with his club on a proper resignation, and he has not been terminated.
- second, is the timing very special. There are two days to the start of the season, and many will probably say that it is a very unfortunate time.
Start opens the fight for promotion to the Eliteserien against Aalesund on Saturday.
Rekdal even asked Thursday up to a live event in Kristiansand with the newspaper of the World - despite the turbulent day, he had just been through. Here he tried to put words to the situation.
- I have never seen anything like this before in my life, but it is not much I can do about it, while I sit here. I was not warned in any way. I just had to run home after the meeting, but it is very difficult to talk about, he explained on stage in front of the attendant.
Kjetil Rekdal was in the 1990s a part of the Norwegian national football team under Egil 'Drillo' Olsen's management, qualified for two WORLD cup finals in a row in 1994 and 1998. Rekdal can even boast of being the only Norwegian ever to have scored in two WORLD cup finals.
Among other things, the penalty against Brazil, who sensationally secured Norway the victory over the defending world champions - and who sent them in the 1/8-finals.
Since he went trænervejen and has been in charge of Vålerenga, belgian Lierse, German Kaiserslautern and Aalesunds. He was Norwegian champion with Vålerenga in 2005 and has three times won the Norwegian cup.
Premier League - 28. mar. 2019 - at. 11:45 - I didn't think it would happen
Sports and Games - It was a little embarrassing, when we got an advice to buy lube for the hair
Sports and Games Super-managers best advice: Tip most overlook
Sports and Games wallowing in success: Thorup takes Belgium by storm