the Amount of teachers who are to be the subject of a round of layoffs at the country's colleges, has grown bigger than first thought.
In February, wrote the newspaper.dk, that 200 teachers had been given notice of dismissal. Friday informs Gymnasieskolernes Teachers ' association (GL), that enough details are on the 300 teachers. It writes the A4 Media.
GL, who also was behind the count in February, basing its figures on the if representatives or teachers from the individual schools.
According to the president of GL Thomas Kepler are redundancies a logical consequence of the year's budget law.
- There is, as we said to the Parliament and the government would happen if you adopted the budget bill for 2019. So it was a very bloody year, he says to Ritzau.
the GL-the president is waiting also, that there may be more warnings about the layoffs.
- I do not think that all schools finally have done what is needed. Many schools have perhaps pushed it in front of him and hoped for some better take-up rates were, he says.
According to Thomas Kepler will the redundancies hurt the quality of the education that schools offer.
- This means, concretely, that the remaining teachers to teach even more students. We have colleagues who now must deal with over 200 students in a work week.
- You can imagine what it means to the students, who need to be seen by the teacher in order to get the maximum out of teaching.
- If you are number 150, 175 or 197 in the queue for the teacher's attention the week, it might not be a ønskeposition as a student.
For A4 Media tells the headmaster at Skanderborg Gymnasium and vice president of rektorernes association, the Danish high Schools, James Thulesen Dahl, his teachers have at least a class more than in the past.
- We have long ago cut to the bone, if not longer, he says for A4 Media.