Michael Valgren did not much want to talk after his own 100.-place in Wednesday's La Flèche Wallone, but as the speech fell on Jakob Fuglsang, he would like to say a few words of praise.
Valgrens former team-mate at Astana challenged all the greatest forhåndsfavoritter and only the biggest of them all, Julian Alaphilippe, pushed past and up the finalestigningen Mur de Huy.
- It is super nice run by Jacob. As he is running now, he can win all the races, sounds rose from Michael Valgren.
Fuglsang was in advance not reserved to the high chances of swiping right to the top of the short, steep rise, which favors the very explosive riders. But Valgren is not surprised by the strength.
- not at All. He has been heavily running throughout the season.
- As he is running now, is everything to him, says Michael Valgren.
He can as the others look forward to even a tug of war between Julian Alaphilippe and Jakob Fuglsang in Sunday's Liège-Bastogne-Liège.
But for his part, Michael Valgren no aspirations after a period of illness and formsvigt after the switch to the Dimension Data.
- It's one step forward and two back at the moment.
- I'm running right now, should I be happy just to implement (on Sunday), he says.