Badmintonsportens World Tour reboot after the latest plan the 1. september in Taiwan.
It shall notify The International Badmintonforbund (BWF) on Friday.
from there, a total of 16 tournaments build up to the World Tour Finals, being played in Guangzhou in southern China from 16. december.
It is a week later than previously announced.
the BWF's Danish secretary general, Thomas Lund, says, however, that it's because of the coronapandemien is still too early to take it for granted that the plans can be put into practice.
- At present it is difficult to predict when international travel and travel restrictions will be lifted in the individual countries, but we will not resume the competitions, unless it is clearly safe to do so, says Thomas Lund to the BWF's website.
In connection with the publication of the revised calendar is big tournaments in Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand and India has been moved.
the Singapore Open and the Badminton Asia Championships is among the top ten cancelled events.
Hold the WORLD cup for the gentlemen and ladies, Thomas Cup and Uber Cup, which will be played in Denmark, is continued from the 3. 11. October.
the world cup was initially moved from may to august because of coronakrisen and next to the dates in October, which still stands by the power.
In recent weeks, the Danish badmintonprofiler expressed concern about whether they'd even want to get in the competition at the top level again in 2020.
Among them Viktor Axelsen and Anders Antonsen.
- It is hard to say, but I fear of course that we have played our last tournament of the year, said Anders Antonsen.
Badmintonsporten has been at a standstill since the middle of march.