There is much that is special with Yolanda Ngarambe. To begin with her background. Mother is from Finland and father from Uganda, but she was born in Sweden and has roots in Märsta, north of Stockholm.
– We speak three languages at home, English, Finnish and Swedish. I speak English with my father, Finnish mother and Swedish with my sister and brother, " she says and adds with a laugh:
– When all are gathered, we are talking English.
in Märsta, but otherwise the US her natural stay ever since she went out löpargymnasiet.
– First, I studied at the university of Vermont for four years. I have a bachelor's degree in psychology and I want to study further, but I don't want to be a psychologist, but something with sociology. I like more this social, " she says.
two years Ago, she runs on the full-time and have Atlanta in the american south as their base. Where belongs she the Atlanta Track Club and their elite team and it is in the warmth of her löparutveckling taken off in earnest.Yolanda Ngarambe during a training session in Sollentuna. Photo: Adam Daver
their coach – married couple Andrew and Ami Begley – for.
– After having met them, I have become a better athlete as a whole. I have found the right workout for me and they are very good coach, even mentally. They are, as americans, tend to be, they are thinking big and I like that, describes Yolanda Ngarambe their coach and adds:
– They help me to remove my roadblocks. There should not be any jantelag, but just run on and on and think big. I have been running good this year because they said that I can do it, " she says.
" For me, it has become more amount. Previously I trained as an 800 metres runner, with short intervals, and not so much distance. In day springer I'm about 100 miles a week.
" My trainer's philosophy is ”strength is speed”, so we run a lot of stamina. I train a lot with maratontjejer and long-distance runners.
It, along with she got to be injury-free for a longer period of time, has done to Yolanda Ngarambe totally exploded on the athletics track in the united states in the winter.
she ran a mile (sek 1,609 m. meters) in Boston on the new Swedish record time of 4.28,30. Of just fly passed her 1,500 metres at 4.10,13, well below kvalgränsen on the distance to the inside-EM.Yolanda Ngarambes breakthrough came late in his career. ”I would not have been able to train this hard every day if I didn't think it could happen,” she says. Photo: Adam Daver
Two weeks later she hit in Boston again. Then she ran the 3,000 metres at 8.53,97, a lowering of her personal best with an amazing 40 seconds, and the third-fastest time of Swedish rule after Meraf Bahta and Sara Wedlund.
" It feels natural that it will now, she responds to the question of why the results now, when she is 27 years old.
– When you are a professional athlete or artist or anything, so you have to believe in yourself. That something special will happen, that maybe all do not believe, for I still have this within me.
" I would not have been able to train this hard every day if I didn't think it could happen. I have always believed in me sjäv, " says Yolanda Ngarambe.
She likes that she now ended up a little bit in the limelight after so long trained and competed without any – outside friidrottsvärlden – known who she is.
– Now it is good press and it feels fun. To beat the Swedish record was fun, it was huge, historically.
– Great fun!
Yolanda Ngarambe was actually qualified to run three distances – the 800, 1,500 and 3,000 meters – on the inside CHAMPIONSHIPS in Glasgow. Now, it will still be two, the two longer distances, and she is excited for.
" It is a challenge, I'm excited, but I have trained so hard so I think I deserve to have a little fun, she describes the feeling.
the day she runs tests on 1,500, and a bit later the final of the 3,000 metres. Two races on the same day scares her.
– IN the USA it is normal that you will compete two times per day so it is not something new for me, and is there any time I shall make it so, it is in the year.
But then there is the question of what type of race it becomes. Slow, tactical race is the worst of Yolanda Ngarambe know. She want it to go fast.
" I do not like the tactics. When you're running tactically then it becomes more spurt. I'm not a bad spurtare, it is not there, I have a good spurt, but I think if times. I like to run fast.During a normal training week runs Yolanda Ngarambe around 10 mil. Photo: Adam Daver
" I want to take me to the finals in the 1,500 meters and hopefully persa (personal best). At 3,000 I also hope it will be a quick race, then I'm going to run good. I'll just go there and let it happen, " says Yolanda Ngarambe, and describes the feeling before EM:
EM is my dreams. It will be so fun. I love to compete.
Then have Yolanda Ngarambe a piece of advice to all who are looking to stop that the results do not come immediately.
" You must have patience. You may not have any star when it was young, but you continue. Running takes time and it is individual when you peakar.
It is she herself a living example of.Yolanda Ngarambes goal in the european athletics indoor CHAMPIONSHIPS is a finalist in the 1,500 metres. Photo: Adam Daver
Sprintlöftet Henrik Larsson: ”I want to reach the final and take a medal”
the Guide: the european Indoor CHAMPIONSHIPS in athletics