1.4 billion dollars!
It is what it says on the game when Brentford and Fulham on Tuesday evening meet at Wembley in one of history's most significant showdown in English football.
in any case It is the individual fight, where there is most at stake.
it takes place after the concept: The Winner Takes It All.
the Winner will not just up in the Premier League, but scores at the same time, staggering 1.4 billion dollars on the victory.
the Loser stays in the Championship and must hunt for new targets, to redeem the ticket to dreamland – Premier League.
For Thomas Frank are undoubtedly history's greatest battle as a trainer. From his rented house in the outskirts of London Brentford-the coach just ane the arch at Wembley Stadium, where his players on Tuesday night can write football history.
- I know that there is a lot of money on the game. But we do not spend a second on it. We think only of the sporting.
- But there sits, of course, some people with us on the direktionsgangen and think about how much there is at stake, explains Thomas Frank.
Pontus Jansson, who is captain of Brentford, can write football history with Thomas Frank on Tuesday. It happens, if the small Londonklub can be promoted to the Premier League. Photo: Warren Little, Getty Image.
casting a glance at the statistics, then Brentford defeated Fulham 2-0 and 1-0 in the season's two matches in the Championship. But far worse it seems, when you look at how it has gone danskerklubben in the play-off matches since 1990-91.
In the eight trials it has not yet managed Brentford to secure promotion via the playoffs, and with the exception of the League 1 semifinals in 2013, where they overcame Swindon Town after a penalty shoot-out, had Brentford in the two matches against Swansea in the year yet to even win a match.
In the 15 matches, the club had played, it had been five draws and ten defeats.
- We go to the final with extra tickles in the stomach. All are not equally good to handle the kind of pressure. But I feel we nederlagene to Stoke and Barnsley paid valuable money to learn on our way to the Premier League, explains Thomas Frank.
He has ground for optimism, because he has a frygtindgående angrebstrio, who has scored 57 of the team's 80 goals in the season. Ollie Watkins, 25, Said Benrahma with 17 and Bryan Mbeumo with 15 scores is the league's most dangerous angrebstrio. In addition, he has the league's strongest defensive.
- It will be a completely equal fight between two teams that are really good for each other. I believe, however, that we have a better team. We are capable to press, and so it also means something that we have defeated Fulham twice in the season, points out Thomas Frank.
Fulham and Aston Villa spend one billion dollars on new players as they moved up in, respectively, 2018 and 2019.
How much, if any, will be invested in Brentford, wonder Thomas Frank is not on, before the battle at Wembley is definitely. The money is not spent in advance. the
Christian Nørgaard has played a big part in Brentfords success. He was the piece we were missing, " says Thomas Frank. Photo: Nigel Keene, ProSports/Shuttenstock
the Showdown at Wembley is very appropriate also a battle between two clubs, where the hatred between the fans is great.
- If you ask our fans at +50, they will say, Queens Park Rangers are hadeklubben, because they would buy our club and shut it many years ago.
- But in recent times, there is no doubt that Fulham is hadeklubben for Brentfords followers. We are both in the western part of London, and there is really time in the at the stands, when we meet, " says Thomas Frank explains:
- It is very likely that Fulham see themselves as big brother, when we meet, but we have shown we can be with them.
Brentford have lost eight playoff games since the 1990/91 season. Therefore, Thomas Frank write history by defeating Fulham on Tuesday at Wembley. Photo: John Sibley, Ritzau Scanpix.
- in Fact, it fits us really well, if we are in a kind of underdog-role. There will naturally be a greater pressure on Fulham, because they have played so many years in the Premier League. In turn, we have a huge hunger to get up in the best company, explains Thomas Frank.
He feels today as a better coach than four years ago, when he left Brøndby.
- In essence I am the same person, but I have become keener on several fronts as a coach, he states.
Brentford have not been in England's best superliga in 73 years. It will be a historic achievement, if it's Tuesday succeed to defeat Fulham. For it happens at the same time with that club in the next season is ready to inaugurate a brand-new stadium: Brentford Community Stadium.
You can of course follow the evening's billion-match live in text with an Extra Magazine. The fight starts at. 20.45
Frank on danes
Thomas Frank has four players and one assistant, which has been a big part of the success in Brentford. Here cheftræneren words in their performance of the season:
It has been a very tremendously high bottom level we have seen from his side. He is one of the team leaders. With us, he has a slightly different role than in Denmark and on the national team, where he was windy on the edge. With us, he is more stabilizing in bagkæden, and defensively he has been very strong.
He was the piece we were missing in the puzzle. He has performed at a unique, high level throughout the season. He is to make the team complete and get it all to go up in a higher unity.
He came from a stay with the injury in Celta Vigo. As the season has progressed, he has gained greater importance. He performs at a high level, is an extremely skilled presspiller and his performance in the 3-1 victory over Swansea was his best for us. The approach to Ollie Watkins 1-0 goal was pure world class.
there Is one that deserves success, then it is him. After all the adversity he has had with injuries. After the two major injuries he has had, but he with to find the rhythm. He got it in the fall in the FCM. Here in the spring, he's been better and after coronapusen, he is one of our most formstærke players.
He has the responsibility for the defensive set pieces, and the task he has resolved perfectly. Brentford has always scored many goals, but have worn to get a handle on the defensive. It happened with brian's arrival. He has created a defensive structure and on the way changed things. Now we stand up for us as a team. No turning back to, when we need to defend ourselves.
See also: Stood in a big dilemma: Here was the Danish offer
See also: Will prevent Frank's billion-fest