even Though the vast majority today use the travel card or mobilbilletter, there are still passengers who buy a ticket in cash at the bus. It goes just not right for the time.
because of the COVID-19 takes Midttrafik namely not accept cash on the buses. It went in last Monday besides Karina Elkjær Hansen's 12-year-old daughter.- The bus driver refuses her flatly and tells her that the last three months has been unable to pay with cash, says Karina Elkjær Hansen from Allingåbro to TV2 ØSTJYLLAND.
the Daughter was on the bus along with a friend, but since the girls only had the coins to the ticket, they were rejected.
- I was a little shaken and thought, ”What the hell is that about?” There tends not to be some problems, and she said even just money. So in my world the problem was not so big, says Karina Elkjær Hansen.
the Same experience had a 60-year-old man, according to the Ældresagen in Favrskov also in the last week. He was rejected on the Haifa train Station, since he only had cash.
- I think it is a very unworthy treatment of a man who is weak standing. In general, it is an unworthy treatment, says Hugo Strunge Frank, chairman of the Ældresagen in Favrskov.
We have spoken with the older man, who does not want to help, but he tells that he a few times has been allowed to come with free. But it was not last Thursday.
the Debate on TV2 ØSTJYLLAND's Facebook page has since the history has been lively. Many write that it is not legal to refuse cash as a payment method in Denmark.
But the case is a bit more speget due to corona-the situation. The minister of transport has in fact directly encouraged the bus companies not accepting cash. And it is the practice of Midttrafik follows.
- Now it is, of course, that all must pay to travel with bus and light rail Services. Here in coronasituationen have the minister of Transport asked that, Midttrafik and other transport stops for the cop in the shop, says the spokesperson for Midttrafik, Michael Steinberg, to TV2 ØSTJYLLAND.
Right now is the consumer ombudsman in several similar cases by taking a position as to whether it is in order to use the Covid-19 as a reason to refuse cash payment.
Until it is resolved has Midttrafik urged drivers to take passengers with free, if they deem that the customer does not have any other options.
- We are well aware that it is a difficult situation for the drivers to be in at the moment. Therefore, we have directed them to exercise discretion over a customer, who come for the first time and would like to buy a ticket with cash, says Michael Steinberg.
- It is difficult to say exactly where the balance lies. If the customer comes for the first time and only have cash, so the customer can get free with. But if the customer comes repeatedly, so that the customer must be rejected, he says.
It is to stop the spread of infection, to the transport companies reject customers with cash. But nonetheless, Karina Elkjær Hansen, that it must be possible.
They will want to avoid the infection among their drivers – is it not okay?
- Yes, certainly. But all the other places to get rubber gloves and håndsprit, and then you can ask people to spritte hands before they pay with cash. Or you can ask the drivers have gloves on, says Karina Elkjær Hansen.
Midttrafik encourages customers to buy tickets through other digital services or use the season tickets or the like. In addition, disclose that it is a very small number of customers, who still want to buy the ticket with cash.