COLOGNE (Ekstra Bladet): UEFA has turned a jernring on the Rhein Energie Stadium in Cologne, which is one of the four German stadiums, where the playoffs of the Europe League run.
the Whole stadium is shielded with white plastic and kontrollørkorpset meet the media with masks and temperature gauge.
There are no fans to track for miles around. There is also not a police officer to see.
It is violent restrictions UEFA have put in the work to the final rounds in the Europe League playoffs. There is no contact to the players and pressemøderne is virtual.
Everyone must wear a mask over everything in the stadium. It also applies to the players, that only throw the masks away, when they are training or in their guest room.
eight years ago, Stale Solbakken sacked in Cologne. Now he's back at the stadium where he had not the best experiences as a trainer. Photo: Liselotte Sabroe/Ritzau Scanpix
What turns Stale Solbakken back to a stadium he knows all too well. And it is well that the brand is not for something positive. It was here that he was fired eight years ago after a series of poor results.
Now he stands with a completely different starting point and in a much more favourable sporting position. The Norwegian should try to create a tactical miracle against the footballing supremacy, Manchester United.
One of the only advantages of the FCK is that it's all to be decided in one battle.
- When we are the best, can we also give Manchester United problems. We are always well organized and never give up. But we do not win, if we only have a defensive base in mind.
- But it is clear that we must play a perfect match and be a little lucky, if we are to defeat Manchester United. First and foremost, we must utilise the few chances we will get, says Stale Solbakken.
despite the fact that FCK are in a european quarter-final for the first time, Stale Solbakken't call it the greatest game for the club.
- We have been four times in the Champions League and have progressed from the group stage once. But of course, it is very great for us to be in a european quarter-final, he states.
Stale Solbakken was surprised and perhaps a little taken aback when he got a question from the Extra Leaf, if he was considering playing with three central defenders, because Manchester United have many fast people in the front.
- It is not something I want to discuss here, says Stale Solbakken, who earlier in the season played with three central defenders against AaB.
Stale Solbakken believes not only Bruno Fernandes is the key to Manchester's offensive. - They have four-five strong, offensive trumps, believe I am the coach. Photo: Liselotte Sabroe/Ritzau Scanpix
Nicolai Boilesen pointing to Bruno Fernandes, who has scored ten goals since his arrival to the club, as one of the reasons for the great feeling in the Manchester United the last several months.
- He is certainly the architect and the team's brain on the offensive. He strikes many crucial passes, believes Nicolai Boilesen.
Stale Solbakken uses not only its energy on Bruno Fernandes.
- Bruno Fernandes is one of the key actors in them. But they have four-five kampafgørende players, believes Stale Solbakken.
When the Stale has defeated Manchester United, he can at FC Cologne home to meet another of the clubs who sacked him – Wolverhampton – in the semi-final.
How they stand
K. J. Johnsson
G. Varela V. Nelsson A. Bjelland N. Boilesen
C. Zeca J. Stage
P. Biel J. Wind, R. Falk
A. W Bissaka V. Lindelöf H. Maguire, B. Williams
P. Pogba Peace
M. Greenwood B. Fernandes M. Rashford
See also: FCK's wild million-gainSee also: Daramy on trøjejagt: Love Rashford
See also: Speaking of rumors: - a Little strange