- In the 2013/14 season they were so close that it becomes a completely different story. When we are talking about april/may. For me it's all not exclusively about a mental collapse. Liverpool is in a "down", but it goes all the teams through, " says Øyvind Alsaker to the Newspaper.
After Manchester City's maktdemonstrasjon against Arsenal on Sunday evening, had Liverpool the opportunity to increase the distance down to the serietoeren away against West Ham on Monday. The settlement on the London Stage ended, however, a draw.
Liverpool is thus still serieledere, but only three points separate Jürgen Klopp and Pep Guardiolas men.- Syltynn performance COMMENTATOR: Øyvind Alsaker has long experience as a commentator in English football. Show more
Liverpool - as in large parts of the season have been superb - is inside a formdupp, and the hatch they had on the seven points - which at the most could have been to ten - are now on the poor tree.
It is, in other words just a mistake before Manchester City is à point with the club who are chasing their first Premier League-gold, and their first seriegull in nearly 30 years.
- It is a combination of several things, believes Alsaker, who begins to mention:- They lost against Manchester City, and it gave them enough of a small break. The door could, at best, been on ten points.- Then gave the points against Leicester, a nasty opponent who is good against the top sides. Even if they increased the door to the five points, was it a disappointment. You didn't enjoy it the point.- They have injuries on key players, and tolerate the bad. They do not have an equally strong and broad squad such as Manchester City. Manchester City star fears Klopp-replay
- in the light of these things, it was a little exciting on Monday. West ham is really a ønskemotstander. They rarely have the ability to be as disciplined as you need to be throughout the entire match, " says Alsaker.
Klubblegenden Jamie Carragher said on Sky Sports that he could not believe how weak Liverpool were.
It was a syltynn performance, and they were the lucky ones who got the points. It is so timid, hesitant and passive. Pasningsspillet went slow, it lacked the sort of over the whole track. From Alisson back to Mohamed Salah completely foremost.
Now, it is precisely Manchester City that breathes Liverpool in the neck. The light blue have previously shown that they can close the hatches. Then six games left of the 2011/12 season, it was Manchester United eight points ahead of byrival City. The season won City-gold - after Sergio their new top gloves made for the craziest end of the season will.
With the victory against Everton on Wednesday will the City have as many points as serielederen again, and a syvpoengsluke will be oppspist.
They have David Silva, Vincent Kompany and their new top gloves that have been involved in this. They have a core of veterans who know what it is going in, says Alsaker.SCORCHING: Sergio their new top gloves scored a hat trick as Manchester City rolled over Arsenal on Sunday evening. Here cheering him for scoring with teammate Raheem Sterling. Show more Will not write off Liverpool
Saturday meet Bournemouth. Then the next two bortekampene at Old Trafford against Manchester United and so they should to Goodison Park to meet Everton.
Alsaker believe that the pressure is extra big on Liverpool, just because of the club's history.
Jürgen Klopp is skilled to normalize, but the pressure that is on the players there now are absolutely unprecedented. It is colossally challenging.
Although Alsaker keeps Manchester City as favorites in tittelkampen, he will in no way write off Liverpool.
- It is so long again that you can't conclude anything. One can not say that Liverpool is finished. I have zero faith in. They are going to fight and fight on.
I'm sure they stand up again. It's only about that it is not for a long time before they do it, " says TV 2 broadcaster.Liverpool player must be operated To make or break
Pål Christian Møller, who was a founding Liverpool's Norwegian supporterklubb in the 1980s, believes that regardless of the outcome in tittelkampen that Liverpool have performed better than one might expect.
Had someone said to me that we were going to be three points ahead of Manchester City at this stage had I not believed in you. It has been a good season for Liverpool, with so far few poengtap. One year ago, in the 2017/18 season we were lots of points behind.
Mills was not particularly impressed by the oppvisningen against West Ham, and says that he's going over to Merseyside to see hjemmekampen against Bournemouth for the weekend. Bournemouth - with Joshua King at the head, recently hit Chelsea the whole 4-0.
- There is pressure on them now, and they have to deliver. It is of course a danger that one becomes a bit nervous and tense when you do not have the same flow as previously. Now, it is incredibly important that they are able to win on Saturday. There are some extremely tough battles. I think February is a month where it will either be make or break, " he says.
Mills pointed out that Manchester City are not unbeatable, and that the best Jürgen Klopp can do now, is to make sure that his boys take one fight at a time.
The mental can have a lot to say going forward and in important situations, and it is important that the players have confidence. But I think that as long as one avoids injury will Liverpool deliver. The two tough bortekampene is also an excellent opportunity to raise themselves. There is so much prestige in them.
no Matter: Should it be 2. place this season, he will of course be disappointed, but you can't say that it was a failed season. So get the time display on serieledelsen keeps the way in.