Cyclists to travel as often and as long as in the course of their career, that they are often only for short periods of time, living a classic family life.
One positive effect of the global coronakrise is for them, that they are now in more than three months have shared a bedroom with the wife instead of a teammate.
Jakob Fuglsang has spent a large part of recent months in Luxembourg, but is now back in Monaco with his wife, Loulou and her daughter Jamie.
About three weeks he turns back to a normal life as a professional cyclist, when he takes on the training camp with his Astana teammates in Livigno in Italy.
Probably beats Jakob Fuglsang and his wife Loulou in Luxembourg, when his career is over, but so far they are happy in Monaco. Photo: Ernst van Norde.
- It will be funny to come in once again to travel. I have never been so much at home, as I have been in the last few months, and it has given me a good foundation, says Jakob Fuglsang.
- Not at least mentally. Not that I was burned out mentally, but I think I've got a ro, which I can use in the future. Not only this year but in years to come.
Physically, he has kept his form curve high without for a long time to have known what he was trained towards. Now, since his program is so fast as it is possible with a coronakrise that can still flare up, he can work out targeted.
- Especially at the start of the shutdown, it was frustrating not to know what was going to happen. The race was cancelled, but there were still others who might run. Then they were cancelled, and then I had to again seek new targets, " says Fuglsang, ended up with, in consultation with his Astana team to bet on the Giro d'italia as his season's main objective. The race is run in October.
A frequent goal on Jacob Fuglsangs workouts in the southwest of france is increase the Col de Braus, which many people associate with the French klatrelegende René Vietto. Photo: Ernst van Norde.
In an interview in Astana Instagram profile the other day and found her point of view, to the first weeks of the shutdown in Europe was a time of crisis, as he struggled to get through. ‘But I managed to find the restart button and get the pressure on it,’ he says in the interview.
- When I look back, I think not really, that it has been so bad. We had the opportunity to go to Luxembourg, where I could still work out outside, so it was a big advantage, " says Fuglsang.
He resumes his season 1. august, when he made the start in the Strade Bianche, and then follow Poland, the Gran Piemonte, Lombardy Around, the Giro dell’Emilia, Tirreno-Adriatico and the Giro d'italia, he says.
- And then of course the WORLD cup. If I get taken, mind you, says Jakob Fuglsang.
the WORLD cup is run is scheduled in Switzerland at the end of september.
See also: Fuglsang keeps its eyes on the Giro-success
Cycling - 20. may. 2020 - pm. 15:15 He knows where the fraudster-the doctor is in
See also: 'No Tour to Fuglsang.'
See also: Froomes bomb: Considering holdskifte now
See also: Coronakrise can cost dearly: his Career is at stake