U.S. President Donald Trump has said Turkey, according to information from the White house, no extradition of controversial Muslim preacher Fethullah Gülen. At the G-20 summit in Buenos Aires two weeks ago, there had been no such commitment Trumps to the Turkish President, Recep Tayyip Erdoğan, said a senior U.S. government representative on Monday evening in Washington. Turkish foreign Minister Mevlüt Çavuşoğlu was reported in Parliament in Ankara on alleged U.S. efforts to transfer gülen's to Turkey.
The Turkish government makes Gülen for the coup attempt of July 2016 responsible. Gülen rejects. He has been living for almost two decades in exile in the US.
According to Çavuşoğlus have spoken to Trump and Erdoğan at G-20 summit over the Turkish claim. "Trump has said that there are efforts, especially the terrorist leader to be shown," said Çavuşoğlu on Monday with a view to Gülen. The Turkish government is demanding that the United States, the delivery of a total of 84 suspected Gülen supporters.
U.S. government wants to review "all new Material"
The U.S. Department of justice said that it will review "all new Material", is the Turkish government Agency in connection with the extradition requests. A decision on an extradition will be made "on the Basis of the facts and the relevant U.S. laws."
Since the coup attempt of 2016, at the official Turkish figures, 250 people were killed, the government will find it hard against alleged members of the Gülen movement. According to official Figures from mid-November have been taken since 2016 because of alleged Links to the coup, approximately 218 000 people. More than 140 000 people were dismissed from the state service.