the Autumn labour market negotiations heating up the now kiky-hours. Employers would like them to maintain and employees to get rid of them or get them proper compensation.
Read more kiky-the contention of the background:
Kiky-contract chafe still in the labour market: "We're going to get that refund"
the Prime minister Juha Sipilä government got very hype trade union competitiveness agreement back in 2016. The competitiveness agreement main piece was the annual extended work hours 24 hours a year without compensation.
the Agreement of the theoretical coverage was around 90 per cent of employees. The aim was to improve the particular competitiveness of the export industry.the Public sector to take on additional hours you extensively use
researchers have, however, been difficult to figure out how to comprehensively kiky-hours in different sectors and companies eventually introduced.
according to Statistics finland's labour force survey in the year 2017 (switch to another service), it was estimated that the working time increase for 90% coverage were quite far away.
All employees from the 43 percent reported at the time that the competitiveness agreement is not affected in any way working hours.
the Coverage there were differences also in the private and public sectors. For example, public administration, education and social and health services 70 per cent of employees reported their working hours kiky will increase. In the private sector kiky affected only about 40 per cent of wage earners. The industry had however, in other private sectors more active. Those companies kiky-hours increased the working time about half of the wage earners.Mikko Airikka / Yle
the Private sector, the degree of dispersion was influenced by the fact that the additional hours of appropriate locally. The consequence was, that the majority of firms take wage and salary earners according to the survey hours of use, some not in practice at all. Kiky-hour introduction scope of it has not been possible yet to accurately figure out.
One way is to look at working hours and how it kiky-hour in but."in Female-dominated sectors bear the greatest burden"
according to Statistics finland's recent labour force survey (switch to another service), according to women work hours looks at the beginning of 2017 introduced to kiky-hour with the increased.
the Men already in the highest weekly working hours does not, in turn, observed the root change.Mikko Airikka / Yle
the working time increased especially in education and health and social services sectors. Also in the public administration hours of work rise. Instead, in the industry weekly working hours did not change at all.Mikko Airikka / Yle
in the Public sector, with particular sote-the field is very dominated by women, was a typical add day 6 minutes, which raised the weekly working hours.
Companies practices are to be mixed more. For example, industry was added to the working time whole days and then they don't show working week in.
revealed: did the kiky-hours ago in the hours of work? According to men's and also women's annual work hours actually increased, but already in 2016, even if kiky-hours will use until the beginning of 2017.
according to Statistics finland, the rise is therefore not due to the kiky-hours, but employment improved. The economy had turned the surge, which added hours and got companies to hire more people.Mikko Airikka / Yle
the Bank of Finland, adviser to the board of the Lauri Kolari according to the kiky-hour of the proportion of the year working hours of the growth can not be conclusively proven.
– none of the statistics is not reliable in terms of how much kiky agreement affected the hours worked. They are not statistics off to get, Kolari says.
Thus also men made by kiky-hour you remain hidden.
the wage earners of the research institute interprets the still statistics so that women bore the competitiveness of saving the biggest burden.
– Public side women were forced to bear the negative half of the whole. Additional hours in addition to holiday pay for the surgery. Yes this looks like the public sector, women suffer from the condition deterioration of the most, said employees of the research institute director Elina Pylkkänen.
the Statistics revealed at the same time it how to split the Finnish labour market is, i.e. is male-dominated and female-dominated sectors.
– the Labour market is very segregated you. In addition, the kiky-hours agreed in these male-dominated fields very locally in the workplace. Apparently, the work of the additions was not so much need, Pylkkänen said.
the confederation of research institutes Etla does not agree.
I just think that this has gone the other way. Work is easier to organise when the work is added to the whole day, a few of the additional daily minutes instead. I think that if this exact review men have done even more kiky-hours than women, said Etla ceo Aki cloth ridge .
So those companies who have taken the additional hours of use, for example, a whole working day are able to get them more off, than a few working days additional minutes.
a Few minutes can go easily coffee drink for the whole day, the fabric of the ridge to escalate.
the Same cloth the ridge recalls that kiky-bees was involved in the whole national economy.
– can Not say so, that the female-dominated industry would have done kiky-hour men instead. Yes they both sexes participated equally, and equality remain in Finland also in the future.competitiveness is not improved enough yet
Just kiky-hours on target was 1.4 per cent improvement in competitiveness. Labour market table they still bend, though the exact effect on the total economy level remained elusive.
– the negotiating table is best aware of what those cost impacts have been, Kolari says.
But how do the other at the same time, the action taken, i.e. wages, zero increases in public sector holiday allowance cuts and social security payments, partial transfer työanatajilta earners to be paid by the bite namely better whether export-oriented industries, competitiveness of the Finnish government's target of five per cent?
– No, we never do it the final answer to get, but yes kiky help from the Finnish kilpailukykynen improving, Etla fabric ridge said.
– Especially kiky agreement related to wages, zero increases have certainly done a good profitability and export products for the prices, also said PT:no Pylkkänen.
– the Bank of Finland was estimated in the year 2015, that we had abundant 10% the need to improve cost competitiveness. It is now two-thirds of the bridge have been back. Close to you still have, say, the Bank of Finland Kolari.
kiky in addition to help kuro is obtained from the fact that competitor countries wage increases have been in recent years, the Finnish level at the highest.
Read more kiky-dispute:
professional Engineers estimate: Kiky-hour you could have been doing to justify that tens of thousands of staff – Employers: "Chill"
Read more labour market negotiations:
industrial union Riku Aalto: Kiky-hours away from the opening of the contract and all otherSubscribe Yle newsletters!
Get Overeating the best content straight to your inbox! Order as many letters as you want!Proceed to order